Spokane Falls Trail

Spokane Falls Trail is a 1.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Spokane, Washington that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.6 miles Elevation Gain: 98 feet Route Type: Loop

paved

As of 5/19/19, part of the trail is CLOSED due to construction.

Nice walk during lunch break

Nice break in the middle of the city.

We came here about two weeks ago, I had a hard time figuring out where to park. Part of the trail was closed for construction and it was a cold, drizzly day so we cut it a bit short. Plenty to see, though, and the water is breathtaking.

Half of this trail is currently under construction and fenced off, so you have to go a little further to make it all the way around the loop.

Saturday, April 28, 2018

One of my favorite places to take people when they visit me in Spokane. It's hard to believe that such a spectacle sits in the middle of the city, right next to downtown. The walk doesn't give a remote, outdoor feeling, but the views of the falls are awesome!

Sunday, November 12, 2017

whenever I have visitors in town Nd we do a stop in Spokane we always seem to do this trail. Kind if fun leisurely walk

Wednesday, August 16, 2017

When it comes to walks and hikes, I'm not a creature of habit. Every experience is somehow new. Today I turned the Spokane Falls Trail (better known as Riverfront Park) into a discovery of Huntington Park and the Spokane Skywalk. The Skywalk is a series of covered walkways that connect many buildings downtown on the second level. It was also my first visit to River Park Square, the mall by the river. Unfortunately my [Luke] Skywalk was cut short. Many of the skywalks "close early" because they are attached to buildings with businesses that close early. I'll have to more fully explore them during business hours.

Tuesday, August 01, 2017

Riverfront Park in downtown Spokane and the falls are a great place to take friends or family when visiting. For those not into a more intense hike, they can take in some fairly fantastic sights by walking a mile or less. Today's walk to see the falls was made infinitely better by my visiting sister and family.

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

A great network of trails. Although the park will be under construction till around 2019 it's usually very pretty and a fun part of Spokane to explore. It's our own Central Park.

Sunday, January 22, 2017

This network of trails and bridges takes you though Spokane's Riverfront Park. The are outstanding views of the river, including calm areas, rapids, and various falls. Nearby, there are shopping malls, a theater, and an ice skating rink. The trail is paved, and passable all year round. This is a great place for a hike, jogging, or an evening stroll.

Wednesday, July 11, 2018