Spirit of America Trail

Spirit of America Trail is a 2.5 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Kennewick, Washington that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and snowshoeing and is best used from September until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

America Trail is a 1.2 mile point-to-point trail located near Kennewick, Washington. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking.

Pros:
Cool during the summer
Relatively easy with a few stairs, and mounds to go up and over
Fresh blackberries in the right season

Cons:
Trash
Not always safe to go alone
Gang graffiti

This is a nice easy hike, we took it just before 7am and by the time we got out it was already getting hot outside (80F by 8am) but you couldn’t feel it on the trail because most of it is covered by trees and the canal goes through there keeping it pretty cool.

Unfortunately, it does have garbage and some graffiti (not even cool looking ones :( ) and it does have some obvious signs of homeless camp sites. It probably wouldn’t be best to go alone.

I went with a friend and we both brought our dogs. The trail was mostly quiet minus some birds, a couple feral cats, and the 2 other dog walkers we saw.

If you need to go on a hike in the Tri-Cities during the summer it is probably the best spot to go unless you want to wake up at 4 in the morning. (It’s supposed to get to 106f today!). The rest of the year I would probably recommend any other place though.

M CM pretty much said it all, which is to bad because it is a nice walk.

Pathway of overgrown weeds and garbage following a drainage ditch through a neighborhood. Wouldn’t waist your time

It seems like every single time I go here with my dogs, they get attacked by dogs NOT ON A LEASH!!!! Too many stupid dog owners on this trail. Also, there’s TONS of litter, graffiti and a few places where it looks like homeless/junkies have set up camp! There’s too many shady people roaming around either drunk or high on something so I wouldn't walk around by myself with my camera equipment. It is a huge shame because there's lots of shade throughout most of the trail, so it'd actually be a quite nice little trail if these other problems were fixed -- the only trail near my home, but if I wanna walk my dogs I’d rather drive somewhere else!

Fun trail. A lot of litter. But nice scenery. I wouldn’t want my wife or kid going alone or at night.

If the Spirit of America is over grow weeds and ugly, this trail nailed it.

Monday, June 19, 2017

Mosquitoes! Otherwise nice.

Sunday, May 14, 2017

Good little tough trail to run. Really nice shaded area during the summer. I've come across mostly nice people. One time, tho, some young thugs were fighting in the parking lot -- but they weren't interested in me, at least!

Sunday, April 02, 2017

Was a nice walk. I would not walk it by myself.

Saturday, August 13, 2016

very nice and easy. great for dogs!:)

Sunday, June 19, 2016

Beautiful, easy trail. Dog friendly.

Monday, April 25, 2016

best trail in Kennewick

Sunday, April 10, 2016

My easy breezy get er' done trail. i love that its so close to town. strange little tail. i like to have someone with me when i do this trail bacause its right in the middle of town and has had a homeless problem. dod friendly on leashes. i hit this one every weekend.

Monday, February 08, 2016

This was a decent trail, though after a mile in it got creepy and noticed too many camp fire remains and graffiti tags for comfort.
I've done most of my running on paved trails or dreadmills. This was a great change for me with the rocks, terrain and trees.

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Had a wonderful time on this hike. The kids loved the overhanging trees and bark on the trail. It's beautiful and just the right distance for a morning hike with little ones. Took us about an hour and a half.

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Sprit of America trail is beautiful little over 1.2 mile well maintained trail, fun place to take kids, love one or pets for run or walk. Its green all the way through.

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Great little trail for the kids! Open and lush considering! Very well maintained!

Sunday, July 16, 2017