Spider Lake Trail is a 2.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Shelton, Washington that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.4 miles Elevation Gain: 400 feet Route Type: Loop

Great Trail. Some steep spots so be careful if you go out after a rain. The views of the drive to the trailhead is awesome. Will do this hike again.

It is a nice hike. Lake is beautiful! We went in the evening and smelled cougar pee while on the back side of the lake. All in all a nice short hike.

Nice trail around a little lake. Saw some trout jumping. People were out today, my Aussie had a blast. This place is not closed.

Gorgeous trail. We did this hike 3/5, no one else was on the trail which was nice. There were quite a few pot holes on the way up but could be avoided by driving slow, so no big deal.

Drive up was not bad. Easy to avoid potholes and no ground clearance required on vehicles. Single lane trail but plenty of spots to stand off to the side look at the lake. Gorgeous colors and extremely quiet.

The drive here is truly a nightmare, but I love the trail so I was willing to give it a second try. If you don’t give a crap about your car and it can handle it, you can get from the highway to the trail in about 30 minutes. The potholes really are something else. GPS says it should take over an hour if you go the suggested speed. The lake itself is just so beautiful and peaceful I loved walking around it with my dog.

Family friendly, beautiful trail!

icy

We couldn’t get to the trail during this time of the year. We were driving a compact rental car...do not attempt this unless you have an all-wheel drive vehicle that can handle extreme snow and ice. Some of the trucks helping us out of the snow when we turned around on the road had difficulties as well. Although the drive was gorgeous!! I’m sure the trail would have been amazing.

Beautiful walk around the lake. Manageable for families while still being satisfying. some log bridges would be a bit scary with a small child though.

A really fun 2 mile hike around a pretty lake. Saw grouse a couple little weasels and a 4 point buck deer. Nice drive in some paved some dirt/gravel. My wife and I have hiked the trail multiple times and plan on continuing.

Just a reminder to always check the weather before hiking. My family and I went to spider lake today and it was a pretty heavy rainstorm which caused a lot of the trail to be very muddy and slippery as well as trees and limbs in the way. Be very careful when hiking in rain storms expecially by a lake. Lake was a lot higher this time.

Beautiful and serene hike with an emerald blue lake and and easy trail; extremely quiet place with not many people on the trail

Great little trail. We took our 3.5 year old with us. It was a little harrowing in some places for him. But he made it through. Some small trees down and overgrown bushes, but nothing major. Pretty steep slope at the trailhead, which was the hardest, steepest of the trail. Will definitely do this hike again!

on the way there i didn't expect there to be soo many potholes , i don't mind the gravel road but those potholes were intense. the first time my gps kept stalling and it's a kinda tricky spot to get to if you've never been but it's worth it once you get out there. camped for about 2 and a half days with my pup and lady

Easy walk around the lake. A few switchbacks here and there for a little razzle dazzle.

Beautiful lake, and hike our pup enjoyed swimming and it was easy enough to do with a baby on my back!

Wed May 22 2019

It was a nice short walk around the lake

Sun May 19 2019

Thought we would actually have to hike to the lake but it’s just a walk around the lake. Pretty though and lots of bleeding hearts were in bloom

Wed May 08 2019

Great easy hike with amazing views. The lake is serene and the perfect blue. We made our way down to the larger beachy area from the start and spent quite a bit of time there with our 3 year old. There were tons of tadpoles and fish and butterflies. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. We then started onto our hike around the lake and about halfway through turned back because someone was shooting a bunch of rounds and it sounded too close for comfort carrying a toddler. We found a full round of shell casings on the beach as well that we collected and threw away. Otherwise it was a perfect family day!

Sun May 05 2019

This is a really beautiful little lake and the perfect place to go to just get away from it all. The trail is a short, easy walk around the lake, and I was able to just sit by the lake for a while and listen to the silence. I only saw about two other groups of people there on a Sunday so it felt like I had it almost entirely to myself. The trail is in good condition and it looks like some fallen trees have been cleared. The road up to the lake does have a lot of potholes so drive slowly and be careful, but it's really no problem with an all wheel drive.

Sat Apr 27 2019

Extremely easy and absolutely gorgeous!! I definitely recommend kayaking if you have the option to!!! The water is extremely clear and a vibrant turquoise when the sun is out!! The drive to the lake is rough but is overall worth it!

Sun Apr 21 2019

Nice, easy, short trail around a mountain lake. Had the place almost entirely to myself. Great hike for taking it easy and just enjoying nature.

Sun Mar 31 2019

Went up 31 March and almost did not get there for all the snow still on the road. However, once it got there it was worth it. The actual trail was covered with snow in several places, but was passable. The hike was as beautiful and peaceful as always.

Sun Feb 03 2019

It was a nightmare just trying to get to the trailhead. Potholes in the road for several miles made getting up there miserable. And then there is one teeny tiny ant-sized sign that tells you where the trail even begins so I spent 20 minutes just trying to find it. There are also many felled trees, a couple blocking the path so you will have to be very careful moving around them. Not recommended for children or those unsteady on their feet as the path is very narrow and uneven in certain areas with a steep drop off on the side. The view is gorgeous in certain spots and it is very peaceful so perhaps under better circumstances I would give 5 stars.