South Lost Lake Trail

South Lost Lake Trail is a 9.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Bellingham, Washington that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

In the spring, there are lots of interesting wildflowers including Wintergreen, Calypso Orchids and Coralroot. The trail itself is in the forest with few views of anything else. You will walk parallel to the lake for a long distance with only teasing views. Once you get there, the shoreline is very boggy and not much to do. Be careful of the thick stands of stinging nettle lining both sides of the trail on the Lost Lake part.

Great hike, should probably be rated as hard rather than moderate though. And it's closer to 10.5 miles if you do the entire loop.

Beautiful trail. First time using the app and it worked great. First solo hike since I moved here a few months ago. Learned that trails in Washington, unlike in Arizona, don't dry out the day after a rain. Lots of slogging through mud and standing water. The lake is truly beautiful.

great hike not too high so is not a back breaker wonderful view of Lost lake the trail is great slow and steady incline but yes constant bring the bikes is an amazing trail for bikes I love all the ramps and turns drops keeps you awake and you won't want to even blink

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Not to scenic at all, But the lake is peaceful. If you want a good photo of the lake you have to explore around and go off trail but it's nice.

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Monday, August 01, 2016

I don't like trails that you could just drive on. This is a closed off road, it's not the most scenic. I prefer single track trails. It's a nice challenge for beginner hikers or maybe large groups.

Saturday, July 16, 2016

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

It was a fun hike with my friends but there was no solid trail around the lake. We kept hiking to an outlook point that provided a beautiful view, and I was still able to get decent photos of the lake at a certain location. It's a good hike and I would definitely recommend it to others.

Monday, May 30, 2016

Monday, May 23, 2016

I used the directions, parked on fragrance lake road where I found a sign that said it lead to the lost lake and fragrance lake trailheads. I must've missed the sign because I ended up at fragrance lake

Saturday, April 30, 2016