South Lost Lake Trail is a 9.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Bellingham, Washington that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

In the spring, there are lots of interesting wildflowers including Wintergreen, Calypso Orchids and Coralroot. The trail itself is in the forest with few views of anything else. You will walk parallel to the lake for a long distance with only teasing views. Once you get there, the shoreline is very boggy and not much to do. Be careful of the thick stands of stinging nettle lining both sides of the trail on the Lost Lake part.

Great hike, minimal traffic and some great views. Good trail to prepare for harder ones!

Good trail conditions. Get there early for parking. BUGGY, so bring repellent. We started at 0730, so it was quiet and we were alone most of the way. No great views of Lost Lake, because it's wooded right to the edge. But the spur to Fragrance Lake is worth it, and you can even swim.

Fun trail. Beautiful. Part fire road part trail. Pickaboo views of Samish Bay. Really enjoyed, but weather was sunny n warm when we went. Stop by the Oyster Bar for nice post hike meal. About 3 miles south on Chuckanut.

Started at the Cyrus Gates Trailhead and connected through Rock Trail. Very narrow and muddy going down towards the lake, and if you’re not looking it’s easy to lose the trail. I did this and had to back track. The lake itself is unremarkable. GPS put me at 7.9 miles.

Wednesday, August 02, 2017

Great hike, should probably be rated as hard rather than moderate though. And it's closer to 10.5 miles if you do the entire loop.

Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Beautiful trail. First time using the app and it worked great. First solo hike since I moved here a few months ago. Learned that trails in Washington, unlike in Arizona, don't dry out the day after a rain. Lots of slogging through mud and standing water. The lake is truly beautiful.

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

great hike not too high so is not a back breaker wonderful view of Lost lake the trail is great slow and steady incline but yes constant bring the bikes is an amazing trail for bikes I love all the ramps and turns drops keeps you awake and you won't want to even blink

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Not to scenic at all, But the lake is peaceful. If you want a good photo of the lake you have to explore around and go off trail but it's nice.

Monday, August 01, 2016

I don't like trails that you could just drive on. This is a closed off road, it's not the most scenic. I prefer single track trails. It's a nice challenge for beginner hikers or maybe large groups.

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

It was a fun hike with my friends but there was no solid trail around the lake. We kept hiking to an outlook point that provided a beautiful view, and I was still able to get decent photos of the lake at a certain location. It's a good hike and I would definitely recommend it to others.

Monday, May 23, 2016

I used the directions, parked on fragrance lake road where I found a sign that said it lead to the lost lake and fragrance lake trailheads. I must've missed the sign because I ended up at fragrance lake

Monday, March 21, 2016

Very fun and beautiful hike. I definitely would do it again. Great exercise!!

Saturday, January 23, 2016

We hiked this trail after loving our oyster dome hike....we were disappointed. It's not the worst hike but if you're in the area I would recommend oyster dome, it has better views.

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Great hike, not too steep. In general good trail conditions, although fairly muddy and some parts icy/snowy and very slippery.

Friday, June 20, 2014

Fun hike but the lake is just a creepy pond. Worth it if your trying to check off all of the chuckanut trails, but there better lakes to go to on the mountain.

Sunday, November 06, 2011

Another good trail in the Chuckanut range to cure the winter blues. The hike is through gorgeous Douglas Furs, Cedars, and Hemlocks. A high thick ceiling with little light or views. The "lake" is nothing more than a pond.

Saturday, September 02, 2017