Memorial Day Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

South Beach Trail is a 1.5 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Seattle, Washington that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching and is best used from April until September.

Distance: 1.5 miles Elevation Gain: 282 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Lots of options for destinations!

I grew up in Seattle and going to discovery Park and it’s one of the best places in the whole city. You go from Trails, to Forest, to beach in around 40 minutes. Lots of shade and tons of trails. The historic houses are amazing also.

Great trail! Parking is limited in east lot so I would probably park in the north or south. Beautiful trail. My first time here and I’m so glad I did it. I didn’t realize how many different trails there are here. It was a little muddy and a couple down trees but other then that the trail was in great condition and led to a beautiful view of the water, bluffs, mountains and of course the light house. (:

Such a beautiful spot for an easy walk with amazing views.

ran this (or tried) delete about 5 minutes from time, forgot to turn off while stretching.

Sat May 04 2019

Sun Mar 10 2019

Fun, easy hike with stunning views.

Sat Feb 23 2019

The trail is muddy. So wear shoes you don't care about getting dirty. I enjoyed this trail with friends. I can't wait to come back in the summer for a swim.

Tue Sep 04 2018

Beautiful trail. Make sure to wear tennis shoes and not sandals. There are stunning views and it is hard to believe such a peaceful place exists a stones throw away from the city.

Sat May 19 2018

This must be done at sunset to really appreciate the hike and view. We modified the trail a bit to take in all the views and it was totally worth it.

Fri Apr 20 2018

I just moved to Seattle and wanted to do a hike close to the city. This one didn’t disappoint. Its a great trail but definitely not super easy. There are plenty of stairs to ascend down the bluff to the beach. The descent is steep so wouldn’t be good for strollers. It was muddy in some spots but not bad. There are plenty of stopping points that you can sit and take in the stunning view. The beach is beautiful and I got to see some sea lions. It is a very active trail with some runners. One place I will be going back to.