Sol Duc Falls Nature Trail is a 1.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Piedmont, Washington that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until September.

Nice flat and short hike through old growth forest to beautiful three prong waterfall that captures rainbows in the spray. Passes over a few spring fed and snow runoff creeks along the way. Sol Duc Falls rages under a wooden bridge and the hike has a wooden platform at the end of the trail - nice place to sit and enjoy the falls!

Incredibly simple trail down to a beautiful waterfall. A bit crowded due to the ease, but would still highly recommend because the waterfall it’s an atypical one.

Nice easy trail. Loved the waterfall. Seeing it up close lets your really feel the magnitude of it.

This hike was my first introduction to the Olympics - WOW! So much to see all the way to the falls. Easy to extend your hike by taking one of the three trails that start just past the falls, which are far less crowded.

Continue past the falls on the trail for little to no crowds and absolute serenity in the forest. That was my favorite part; this place is magical.

insanely beautiful with wild orange mushrooms to one serine log cabin off off to the side of the trail. easy peasy

This was a nice easy hike that was pretty beautiful the whole way. The waterfalls were gorgeous. We went on 09/09 at like 10am. It was sort of a rainy day which maybe helped as there weren’t too many people. We actually had some time completely alone by the lookouts over the falls which doesn’t sound typical. On the drive in we stopped at the first pullout that had a bathroom. Ended up being a little path to a small waterfall overlook that was nice as well you should check out if you are in the area.

Magical hike through the rainforest. I never tire of how the light flickers in and out and highlights the beauty of these special woods.

A short trip, nice in the evening.

easy, beautiful, but crowded.

Did this hike last week in the rain. Was still a great hike even in the rain. It was a bit crowded compared to some other trails, but a must do. Beautiful plants and trees during the hike. Nice waterfall at the end. Very easy hike.

Probably would’ve given this 4 stars if it weren’t for the crowds. The trail is short and easy, so it’s hard to spread out from others, especially at the end. The trail is very pretty though, although we found the trail 7-8 miles before it off the road to be nicer just in terms of serenity as well the rainforest type scenery (the name escapes me).

This is such a beautiful area. We loved wandering through the rainforest with our three kids: 6,4,2

easy short hike to beautiful falls, the mosquitos/flys were bad (use bug repellent or where long sleeves.) this is a very well maintained, very trafficked trail. visited during a Monday afternoon at the end of July and the trail / parking lot were packed.

haven

One of the most beautiful hikes I’ve ever been on! It’s a pretty easy hike to the falls. We were hoping to get married in front of the falls, but when we got there to check out the location around the end of June it was very very wet and muddy.

My family and I took a hike down the Sul Doc Falls trail in mid-June. It was about 45 degrees and a light sprinkle most of the way. In other words, it was PERFECT! It was exactly like I would expect a rain forest to be. Everything is covered with some type of green vegetation. The trail itself is definitely not difficult at all, and the falls is a beautiful sight at the end. Other trails continue past the falls into the forest. I wish we could have continued, but my wife definitely would not go for that as she does not like the "cold". Anyway, if you like easy but beautiful hikes, this is one to take!

Awesome hike and falls where well worth it! My 3&4 year olds crushed it with no problem ( was our second hike of the day too) only down side is a lot of people on the trail and parking was very limited

Fantastic. Excellent short and easy trail to a stunning powerful waterfall. Beautiful hike through the forest leading to the waterfall.

Easy trail with a beautiful waterfall at the end. Slightly crowded.

Easy trail with an impressive waterfall at the end. You'll definitely want your camera to capture the beauty of the path and the falls. We walked past the falls a bit to see more of the little river upstream. It's a great area to settle in and do some meditation and get your nature on!

Easy and rewarding trail. Falls are a cool 3 horse tail falls. We continued on for a bit to love rd s lane trail, which was pretty. Though pretty much everything in that part of the world is.

Fun hike and great falls! It's easy too!

By far my favorite day in ONP! These falls are a site to see. Don’t miss this one!

Short hike to the falls, but beautiful and well worth it!

Short trail, good for all level of hikers.

Although many may go for the view of the falls at the end, don't forget to take in the views on the way there. There are alot of neat sights to see such as the trees and moss on your way to the falls. I would consider this trail heavily trafficked.

The short trip is so worth the beauty but it does have its difficulty for those less experienced or out of shape. I did see people with their kids though. Views can be spectacular even if you know that the main attraction is a bridge over a waterfall. It still ends up being so much more.

Super easy and a great view