Sol Duc Falls Nature Trail

Sol Duc Falls Nature Trail is a 1.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Piedmont, Washington that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until September.

Nice flat and short hike through old growth forest to beautiful three prong waterfall that captures rainbows in the spray. Passes over a few spring fed and snow runoff creeks along the way. Sol Duc Falls rages under a wooden bridge and the hike has a wooden platform at the end of the trail - nice place to sit and enjoy the falls!

Probably would’ve given this 4 stars if it weren’t for the crowds. The trail is short and easy, so it’s hard to spread out from others, especially at the end. The trail is very pretty though, although we found the trail 7-8 miles before it off the road to be nicer just in terms of serenity as well the rainforest type scenery (the name escapes me).

This is such a beautiful area. We loved wandering through the rainforest with our three kids: 6,4,2

easy short hike to beautiful falls, the mosquitos/flys were bad (use bug repellent or where long sleeves.) this is a very well maintained, very trafficked trail. visited during a Monday afternoon at the end of July and the trail / parking lot were packed.

haven

One of the most beautiful hikes I’ve ever been on! It’s a pretty easy hike to the falls. We were hoping to get married in front of the falls, but when we got there to check out the location around the end of June it was very very wet and muddy.

My family and I took a hike down the Sul Doc Falls trail in mid-June. It was about 45 degrees and a light sprinkle most of the way. In other words, it was PERFECT! It was exactly like I would expect a rain forest to be. Everything is covered with some type of green vegetation. The trail itself is definitely not difficult at all, and the falls is a beautiful sight at the end. Other trails continue past the falls into the forest. I wish we could have continued, but my wife definitely would not go for that as she does not like the "cold". Anyway, if you like easy but beautiful hikes, this is one to take!

Awesome hike and falls where well worth it! My 3&4 year olds crushed it with no problem ( was our second hike of the day too) only down side is a lot of people on the trail and parking was very limited

Fantastic. Excellent short and easy trail to a stunning powerful waterfall. Beautiful hike through the forest leading to the waterfall.

Easy trail with a beautiful waterfall at the end. Slightly crowded.

Easy trail with an impressive waterfall at the end. You'll definitely want your camera to capture the beauty of the path and the falls. We walked past the falls a bit to see more of the little river upstream. It's a great area to settle in and do some meditation and get your nature on!

Easy and rewarding trail. Falls are a cool 3 horse tail falls. We continued on for a bit to love rd s lane trail, which was pretty. Though pretty much everything in that part of the world is.

Fun hike and great falls! It's easy too!

By far my favorite day in ONP! These falls are a site to see. Don’t miss this one!

Short hike to the falls, but beautiful and well worth it!

Short trail, good for all level of hikers.

Although many may go for the view of the falls at the end, don't forget to take in the views on the way there. There are alot of neat sights to see such as the trees and moss on your way to the falls. I would consider this trail heavily trafficked.

The short trip is so worth the beauty but it does have its difficulty for those less experienced or out of shape. I did see people with their kids though. Views can be spectacular even if you know that the main attraction is a bridge over a waterfall. It still ends up being so much more.

Super easy and a great view

Beautiful trail and awesome fall.

One of the best falls I have seen! Super easy trail

Short and easy. Beautiful falls. Make it part of a full day of mini-hikes and plan on living wet.

I loved it! Beautiful.

Great easy hike, a little climbing over a downed tree, but the falls are just beautiful. Lots of gorgeous pics of moss covered rocks with water flowing over.

Super easy hike, great views. Part of the trail higher up past the falls is snowed out this time of year.

Great hike. beautiful lush greenery and creeks along the way. there is a large tree in the way so go around it. falls are roaring this time of the year

Hiked this trail in September. The weather was perfect, and the trail was beginner level. Hiking in Olympic National Park is like hiking through a dreamland.

Well managed trail, fairly busy, but the waterfall is spectacular.

tried to go to this one yesterday, trail was closed. There was an advisory on the website about some roads being closed due to landslides, but this wasn't one of them.

Simple out and back trail with lots of photo spots along the way. Got a little hilly at the end but even for two out of shape hikers we got along just fine. Make sure you go past the first waterfall because there's a much larger one at the end... we almost turned around but other hikers told us the big one was another 10 minutes away.

Went today, October 28 2017.... 100% worth the trip. The waterfall is phenomenal! Absolutely breathtaking! Short and easy hike, good for us since is was the last stop of the day. Recommend for everyone of all hiking abilities.