Snow Lake Trail

Snow Lake Trail is a 6.4 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Snoqualmie Pass, Washington that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, mountain biking, and snowshoeing and is best used from July until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 6.4 miles Elevation Gain: 1,669 feet Route Type: Out & Back

hot springs

Note: When lots of snow is present, there is a possibility of avalanche danger. Please check with the park page before hiking. The first 2 miles are direct, and the final has rock blasted switchbacks to the top of the ridge. Pay attention to signs as you need to branch right off the trail about 2 miles in. You can extend or shorten the hike by stopping right when you get to the lake or by hiking further along it. In winter, you can snowshoe here, but it will be much more difficult to find the trail.

icy

Amazing trail to a gorgeous alpine lake, if you plan on doing it now in the winter, bring crampons, good ones for snow and ice. Beautiful views, great scenery and we made our way back at night fall. Truly amazing hike y’all

icy

(hiked yesterday) The view of lake was awesome. Highly recommend snow tractions/spikes the trail was icy and covered completely with snow. loved every single bit of hike. weather was sunny didn feel the chill much except near the lake and lake view point.

icy

Amazing hike with amazing views! We hiked with regular hiking boots but it would have really helped if we had spikes. Very icy on the switchbacks but very doable. Amazing view when at the lake!

icy

Amazing hike with amazing views! We hiked it with regular hiking boots but it would have helped if we had spikes. Very icy on the switchbacks but a fun experience!

icy

Beautiful day, cold and clear. Bit icy in spots, snow all the way but not thick. Worth the trip before it gets too deep.

recorded Snow Lake Trail

icy

Beautiful winter hike. About an hour and a half up to the top. Recommend gators and crampons because trail is very snowy and icy in the winter. The lake is beautiful.

icy

11/27/2019- husband and dog hiked to the lake for the first time. Absolutely stunning hike. Go and do the lookout once you get to the fork in the road for the main trail down to the lake, it’s total worth the photos and to feed the gray jays. We are older and were very happy to be wearing our khatoolas and brought trekking poles as well. The trekking poles helped with up hill terrain but were best for downhill slippery slope terrain. Our little Shiba Inu made it out and back without any trouble.

icy

Done today on thanksgiving day... I started a little before 8 and boy I forgot how quickly packed this trail gets with people. I'm glad I got an early start! I absolutely recommend crampons/spikes right now because it is very snowy and icy. Besides that, this is always an incredibly beautiful trail!

icy

I started hiking at 8:30am on 11/28/2019 (Thanksgiving Day). The trail was covered with either snow or ice the entire way. I'm so glad that I brought my ice crampons and hiking poles. I left my gaiters in the car, which was a mistake, because they would have stopped snow from going into my boot and pant leg after I kicked it up with my crampons. The weather was perfect! The parking lot was covered with snow and ice (only the parking lot, not the access road), but my car with 4-wheel drive and all-weather tires was able to get in and out of it easily because it's a flat area.

icy

Started around 8:15 this Thanksgiving morning. 20 cars in the parking lot but only saw 2 couples coming down on our way up. VERY icy. My husband used poles but no spikes on the way up. I used both. Third time on this trail and this was the iciest. I highly recommend spikes. Beautiful day and views. Happy thanksgiving!