Snow Lake Trail

Snow Lake Trail is a 6.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Snoqualmie Pass, Washington that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for downhill skiing and is best used from March until October.

skiing

beach

The first 2 miles are direct, and the final has rock blasted switchbacks to the top of the ridge. Pay attention to signs, because you need to branch right off the trail about 2 miles in. Enjoy the hike.

21 minutes ago

Went this past Saturday. There was no snow lake trail. Followed snowshoe trail from parking lot to waterfalls; they were all covered in snow. Couldn't get to snow lake trail. The route was covered in snow which I'd have to navigate solo. The avalanche risk was high, I had no beacon and my wife was going to chew my hiney for going solo so I figured it best to head back and hike another day. Did climb a small hill and headed to a clearing which turned out to be a meadow below a beautiful face. Too dicey to try alone but perhaps later in the season with some trail buddies. A day in the wilderness is a day to cherish even when the goal remains elusive.

Hiked this in July. We started at around 7am and ran into about 2-3 groups on the way up. The first portion of the hike is pretty easygoing, but there is a pretty intimidating set of switchbacks to reach the top. It was very foggy that early in the morning, so we could hardly see the lake until all of the fog dried up and we were rewarded with an amazing view! Hung out for awhile and started heading down around 2pm, where we ran into MANY more people and large groups coming up...this was really my only complaint, as many of them were very inconsiderate hikers (unyielding on switchbacks, someone playing loud music from a radio, etc.) I would love to do this hike again, but would definitely avoid weekend traffic.

It was foggy at the lake and couldn't really see anything. Looking forward to going back during the summer then on to gem lake!

Its a beautiful hike but not for beginners and we where not prepared. I recommend a backpack and water shoes. We didn't realize you had cross over rivers to get to the other side. Start very early in morning and take your time. It is totally worth the trip/hike.

Good hike enjoyed walking down to the lake but burr is that water cold. Saw some crazy people jumping in.

It was a beautiful day up on the mountain. I went up with a couple friends and even though the whole thing was covered with snow we hiked it just fine in hiking boots. At least 2-3 feet deep snow on either side of the trail but amazing views at the top with a clear blue sky and a warm sun on a cold mountain. Definitely will do this hike again during the summer when most of the snow has melted.

This is a very gorgeous hike. It is very open the majority of the way up. It is several miles up but it only took me & my mom about 45 minutes to get to the top. It was very easy (but too be fair this was when I was fit so I wouldn't take my word for it). Super gorgeous up top & a bunch of cute puppies all over that people brought with them.

the views were amazing!

Snow camping for 4 days. It was an expedition. There was nothing like waking up in the morning with the mountain all to yourself. Fun and crazy. Would I do it again? Maybe in 2 years.

One of the best trails I've hiked yet. Absolutely gorgeous in the winter time. Wore regular hiking boots and they worked for me just fine, just got a little tricky in a couple soft spots. Didn't end up finishing this hike but hopefully I'll be back soon!