Snow Lake Trail

Snow Lake Trail is a 6.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Snoqualmie Pass, Washington that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for downhill skiing and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

skiing

beach

The first 2 miles are direct, and the final has rock blasted switchbacks to the top of the ridge. Pay attention to signs, because you need to branch right off the trail about 2 miles in. Enjoy the hike.

Still has A LOT of snow. Most people turned around after a quarter of a mile due to not knowing where the trail was and having to get wet to cross creeks. If you have a map or GPS on your phone you can stay on trail. I was able to follow the trail by using this app. The 5% of people that did decided to continue only made it to the base of the summit. A lot of snow and ice to summit so be prepared! I was able to summit with hiking poles, spikes and being careful. The summit overlooks the lake but it is still 100% snow covered. Based on footprints it looked like no one has gone down to the lake. From there I turned around and slid on my butt down to the base. Beautiful scenery and I would so it again in late July when the snow is gone.

Beautiful hike!

The hike was not hard at all. It can be rated as easy for the avid hiker.

Great hike, great work out, amazing view and lake. Only downside would be how crowded it was.

Went this past Saturday. There was no snow lake trail. Followed snowshoe trail from parking lot to waterfalls; they were all covered in snow. Couldn't get to snow lake trail. The route was covered in snow which I'd have to navigate solo. The avalanche risk was high, I had no beacon and my wife was going to chew my hiney for going solo so I figured it best to head back and hike another day. Did climb a small hill and headed to a clearing which turned out to be a meadow below a beautiful face. Too dicey to try alone but perhaps later in the season with some trail buddies. A day in the wilderness is a day to cherish even when the goal remains elusive.

Hiked this in July. We started at around 7am and ran into about 2-3 groups on the way up. The first portion of the hike is pretty easygoing, but there is a pretty intimidating set of switchbacks to reach the top. It was very foggy that early in the morning, so we could hardly see the lake until all of the fog dried up and we were rewarded with an amazing view! Hung out for awhile and started heading down around 2pm, where we ran into MANY more people and large groups coming up...this was really my only complaint, as many of them were very inconsiderate hikers (unyielding on switchbacks, someone playing loud music from a radio, etc.) I would love to do this hike again, but would definitely avoid weekend traffic.

It was foggy at the lake and couldn't really see anything. Looking forward to going back during the summer then on to gem lake!