Memorial Day Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

Snow Lake Trail is a 6.4 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Snoqualmie Pass, Washington that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, nature trips, and snowshoeing and is best used from July until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 6.4 miles Elevation Gain: 1,669 feet Route Type: Out & Back

hot springs

closed

This trail is experiencing full or partial closure due to COVID-19. Please see the open trails nearby for alternate hiking options. Note: When snow is present, be cautious of avalanche danger. Please check with the park page before hiking. A beautiful hike past numerous waterfalls, with an ending at a gorgeous alpine lake. The first 2 miles are direct, and the final has rock blasted switchbacks to the top of the ridge. Pay attention to signs as you need to branch right off the trail about 2 miles in. You can extend or shorten the hike by stopping right when you get to the lake or by hiking further along it. In winter, you can snowshoe here, but it will be much more difficult to find the trail.

55 minutes ago

Went yesterday... awesome hike. The last portion where you start using switchbacks to get up to the ridge is still really snowy and icy... it was a bit of a challenge... I wouldn’t do it without poles. I bet it will all be melted out though in a week or so.

icy

Awesome trail. A little difficult because of the snow but it is totally manageable and worth it. I don’t recommend if you are going with kids.

Nice hike. A bit rocky in places and a lot of foot traffic in the Summer coming back from the lake. Make sure you get in before the crowds ( 7-9am arrival) as you should get the chance to walk and get to the lake with minimal people but will get them all on your way back to the car. Beautiful lake and absolutely stunning

Is there overnight camping?

icy

Parking available half mile before the tail head. The trail is completely covered in snow. Still hiked in my regular hiking boots and made it to the lake. Followed the trail of footprints to the top. Going downhill was the most fun; slid down most of the way! The 10 miles took me 4 hours to complete. Do bring an extra set of clothes because you will be wet!

Trail is still covered on snow. Couldn’t make to the lake.

closed

Closed - rangers at entrance and construction blocking road.

Took the Summer Trail up -- later learned you can take another route up/down that comes out in the upper parking lot of ski area. This was much easier and compacted, took this route down on advice of some skiers I spoke with. The 'Summer' trail is slightly compacted snow in some areas and deep, unpacked snow in others. Once you get above the source trail, it is difficult to stay on path. At least for me. Ended up searching for the trail and going up/down the incline for 25min looking for trail. Was using GPS/All Trails and still not able to find it. Ended up slipping on crampons and making my up and around the rock faces. Stopped at the view point. By this time I had post-holed many places -- sometimes up to my waist. The skiers were here and decided to follow their 'path', again post-holing often. They pointed out the 'winter' trail. Took this way down, and once I got to Source Lake, the trail was compacted by skiers and easy to follow. This path would be much easier to ascend as well, though also steep when about .4 miles from the 'summit'. Would recommend Crampons/poles at the minimum and snowshoes would be useful as well. Will go back again in the late spring/summer/fall and do again. About 5 hours in total spent on this hike. Recorded, but record added some serious off shoots that I did not take. It was an adventure. And beautiful. Enjoy it.

icy

This was definitely an amazing hike BUT there was just way to much snow to complete we had full gear (micro spikes, snowshoes, waterproof snow pants) but still couldn’t make it to the actual lake due to the snow not being compact enough AND towards the end of the trail it was flat out up hill, so even if we did get all the way up the way down would impossible! If you decide to go on this trail just keep going straight to get an awesome view of source lake!

icy

Only did part of this trail on March 15 as a part of a ropes training. Saw a few slow avalanches as it warmed up throughout the day. Looking forward to doing it when it thaws out and avalanche risk is low.

We couldn’t find the trailhead at all, it’s very beautiful. We only tried to hike with someone else’s path but my friend was too scare to continue, so we have to turn around. Definitely will go soon again!

icy

Beautiful place to snowshoe. It was easy enough to get to the top seeing all of the tracks from previous hikers but is not marked with signage and not on the traditional Spring/summer trail listed on All Trails. The lake was beautiful and snowy, we did not go down to it just the ridge above. Would recommend to anyone who is prepared for some steep snowfields, and great views (on a sunny day).

Got to around 2 miles from the lake after a steep hike straight up the switchbacks. Some snow slides were happening across the trail about ankle deep. Day was warming and slope ahead looked unstable so I turned around. Some other hikers went ahead so you might be able to reach the lake, but seemed real sketchy. Snow from the parking lot up. Snow shoes and poles highly recommended.

Little slushy at the start but gorgeous and we cut some fresh tracks the farther we went. Didn’t get to the lake this time though

It was hard to find the beginning of this trail, but once we did, the trail was well defined. Snowshoes did great on this trail! We did about 2 miles, then went back, the trail was much more narrow by then and it was snowing more heavy. Can't wait to do this again in the summer!

The hike was great. Lots of beautiful snow. After about 1.5 miles the trail starts to get smaller and smaller until it seems to just end. I would highly recommend snow shoes as boots will sink deep.

It was a beautiful bluebird day to do some quick snowshoeing at the summit. The snow conditions were really good with plenty of older powder to walk through but the trail itself was fairly packed and easy to traverse with snowshoes. There were a few folks braving it without snowshoes but they did a fair amount of post-holing so I’d definitely recommend you bring the right equipment. The trail was easy to navigate for the first two miles - after that the trail started becoming less defined as it looked like most folks turned around by then. We were running low on time and I forgot my map so we turned around at this point. Ultimately it was a great day in the mountains and we encountered plenty of dogs she feel free to bring the four-legged friends.

Showing results 1 - 19 of 1976