Snow Lake Trail

Snow Lake Trail is a 6.6 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Snoqualmie Pass, Washington that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

The first 2 miles are direct, and the final has rock blasted switchbacks to the top of the ridge. Pay attention to signs, because you need to branch right off the trail about 2 miles in. You can extend or shorten the hike by stopping right when you get to the lake or by hiking further along it. In winter you can snowshoe here but it will be much more difficult to find the trail.

Went to Snow Lake yesterday with a group. The trail was packed to where the switchbacks begin and could be hiked with gaiters easily. When the switchbacks started we put on our snowshoes and went up to the lake overlook. At the overlook the windchill was extreme and fog covered the lake. On the way down I took off my snowshoes as it was easier to hike down with yak-tracks on then the snowshoes. Definitely recommend it and I plan to do it again on a clearer day.

Trail is well packed on lower parts. Spikes necessary though. Upper parts a bit difficult without snowshoes, but can be done if you don’t mind sinking in every few steps.

Awesome time of year to do this trail, the trail was plowed

This trail is so beautiful. Best for snowshoeing but we went with gaiters and spikes and totally manageable. The trail is plowed but got to careful some of the sides of the trail is so soft with the powder snow and you might totally be immersed to hip level. But totally enjoyable hike !

Recommend snowshoes, map, & compass; you can find yourself waist deep in snow when stepping in a bad spot & trail starts to disappear on the way back after heavy snow fall.

great hike and beautiful views !!

beautiful place and views !!

Well I arrived at the parking lot around 10 and got on the trail around 10 30. Spikes can be used immediately, gators too. I made it up to the ridge in with spikes and gators. But going down to the lake I put on my snow shoes. I was the first to break a trail to the lake. Would be very difficult with out snow shoes. You are sinking past your waist. It was beautiful. Was foggy and rainy on the way down. I sat down had lunch and it cleared up. I was down there feeding the birds. That was a bonus. Breath taking moments. Highly recommend going all the way. Oh wait there was a little scramble down at the lake. Was difficult to locate the trail with all the snow. Heading back up to the ridge was a butt kicker. The view was clear the whole way back with big snow flakes. This was a great hike!

Did the trail on Nov 16th, those who are going all the way to the lake should considering snowshoes for sure. Made it all the way to the ridge today in snowshoes . Met a group of hikers stuck in 3-4 ft snow a midway up without snowshoes

There was a lot of snow and it got dark really quick.
I wasnt able to see lake due to fogs

There wasn't a lot of people there but more than I expected in November. I probably encountered maybe 20 people and 4 unleashed dogs. I only encountered one person at Snow Lake.
I intended to hike a difficult trail but I ended up on this route.

bueatiful lake

amazing hike. worth the trip to the bottom but the ice can be slick so watch your footing

Pretty good trail, was raining when we went (late Sept) so we couldn’t see Snow Lake! A bit rocky at times.

a FAVORITE! perfect spot to stop and jump in the lake!

Love it! It is a workout, no doubt about it. However, it is a well maintained trailer, appropriate for all ages. Just make sure to be prepared, bring enough water along with hiking poles, which would be very helpful in some parts of the trail. Amazing view of the lake rewards you at the top of the mountain. You can hike down to the shore of the lake, venture further a little bit further towards Gem Lake.

Unable to hike today due to high rising and fast moving streams. Turned around and did another hike nearby instead. If you choose to do this hike, bring gators, poles, and spikes. There is mushy snow low on the trail.

Just another day at snowlake!!!

It's cold, snowing and sludgy all the things I love. !!

There is snow on the trail, lots of rocks and mud puddles too. Couldn't hike to the edge of the lake due to snow(wasn't closed, just that we were slipping a lot