Snow Lake Trail

Snow Lake Trail is a 6.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Snoqualmie Pass, Washington that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

The first 2 miles are direct, and the final has rock blasted switchbacks to the top of the ridge. Pay attention to signs, because you need to branch right off the trail about 2 miles in. You can extend or shorten the hike by stopping right when you get to the lake or by hiking further along it. In winter you can snowshoe here but it will be much more difficult to find the trail. Still a beautiful area.

Hiked this beautiful trail Sunday, Aug 20th. Started at 8:15 and got to the top at 9:20. This was my first hike not to strenuous, but going onto Gem lake was hard for me. I put peppermint essential oil on to keep the bugs away. The trail was a lot of rock and was glad that I wore hiking boots and my friend brought me some hiking poles which I liked. Gorgeous views on the way up as well as getting to the top. Take sometime and soak it in. The downside was that it was rocky and I had to pay attention to my feet so I wouldn't trip, that I didn't get to see much of the views going up. Head on down to the lake and jump in. Clear, and refreshing! Not too cold, gem lake was freezing!

Beautiful hike, a bit crowded but I did go early on a Saturday morning. Not terribly strenuous but a good hike

Very nice

Gorgeous views the entire time but my dog really struggled with this hike. It is VERY rocky almost the entire time so wear really good shoes and if your pet isn't used to rocky terrain they could get injured like mine did. Loved the hike but my dog getting hurt on the terrain was a real problem! Also most people who had dogs did not leash them which made our hike less enjoyable since my dog is easily scared of other dogs that approach him and are not controlled by their owners.

Amazing hike and probably the best trail run back to the parking lot.

Hiked on Saturday, August 12th. Pretty good hike. Wish I started earlier though because of the crowded trail on the way down and the flies. I started at 9am, recommend starting at 6am. Plenty of parking, road is good going in. The views are amazing. Lots of rocks and not allot of shade so bring a hat and good shoes. I also recommend trekking poles if you have them to help stabilize yourself on the way down over rocks...

Such a beautiful hike. Took a friend along for her first "real" hike and she loved it. Definitely would consider it a moderate.