Snohomish River and Shadow Lake Trail

easyYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray Star(29)
Lord Hill Regional Park

Snohomish River and Shadow Lake Trail is a 2.7 kilometer moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Snohomish, Washington that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until November.

Distance: 2.7 km Elevation Gain: 13 m Route Type: Out & Back

It was beautiful and peaceful. trail is pretty narrow at times. Not well maintained but my kids enjoyed the adventure.

Wear long pants, back to nature trail.

This was fun! We took our 4 and 6 year old. The trail was a bit overgrown, but it made it more fun. We had to climb over some trees, but it was no problem. I appreciated the former reviews, because we had taken sticks with us to help clear the path. It led us to the river, where we were all able to swim. We didn’t see anyone else on the trail. We were a bit confused about how to find the lake. At the very beginning when you get down the hill, there is a trail that veers to the left. If you take that, the lake is about 3 minutes in. I probably wouldn’t swim in the lake. It’s pretty small and swampy. The river was great though! We did see animal tracks and droppings that looked like they could have belonged to a cougar.

Sat Feb 23 2019

This trail is beautiful but not maintained well at all. There are blackberry bushes that obstruct the trail in many places. If not for this app’s trail map, we probably would’ve gotten lost. Not too many people out today, so very peaceful, especially when you get down to the riverbed. Navigating through the fallen trees was sketchy as they were very slippery due to being wet. Decent trail, but wouldn’t do it again.

Mon Sep 03 2018

This was barely a trail it was so overgrown. It was almost impassable. And at the logjam there was no indication as to how to get by, we just turned around. Too bad was looking forward to reaching the river

Fri Aug 10 2018

The trail leading down to the river was relatively easy, but very overgrown with blackberries in spots. We had to beat our way through with sticks to avoid getting poked and scratched! There are also a couple of areas in which you'll need to be prepared to climb over a log jam or two. At first glance it looks impossible, but once you start climbing over the logs you can find your footing. In the end I'd say it was pretty worth it considering that there is a really nice sand bar and swimming hole at the finish line. You just need to be sure to walk far enough North along the river bar in order to get to it. Enjoy ;-D!

Sun Jul 09 2017

Lame.

Fri Jun 16 2017

two main entrances to the park, both lead to beautiful trails!

Wed May 10 2017

I went out here with my dogs for a hike. This is Hereman Wildlife Refuge, I can't run my dogs here! While this is a wonderful hike, dogs are prohibited. The title of the walk and the text should be updated.

Wed Jan 11 2017