Slough Trail is a 2.7 kilometer moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Forks, Washington that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 2.7 km Elevation Gain: 4 m Route Type: Out & Back

Thu Sep 13 2018

An easily followed trail through lush forest, with such a wealth of botanical wonder that it was slow going, with frequent photo stops. The spur trail down closer to the Quillayute River was definitely worth doing, and not too steep or slippery even with rain earlier in the day. By the spur trail's end the river was in sight, and a beaver and I startled each other a bit. Finished the curving main trail back onto Mora Rd, and walked back along the grassy shoulder of the narrow road to the starting point at the east end of the parking lot at the Mora Ranger Station.

Mon Jun 12 2017

Get ready to climb over fallen logs, wade through ferns and crouch under low hanging tree branches, for this is an overgrown, not very maintained trail! For me, this trail was a fun adventure that made me feel truly alone in nature (we were the only ones on the trail!). There was a trail to follow, but at times I had to check my surroundings to make sure I was on the right path. The hike was very easy, quaint and quiet and led to a misty river. I would definitely recommend! I started at the Mora Ranger station on Mora Rd.