Skyscraper Mountain Trail

Skyscraper Mountain Trail is a 8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Parkwood, Washington that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October.

This is a very moderate hike except for the last climb to the top which is really steep but shouldn't take more than 20 minutes. Spectacular views from the top.

The trail isn't the best you will see in the region, and the last uphill climb is quite steep but the view of Rainer and the surrounding areas are spectacular.

Saturday, September 24, 2016

Saturday, September 03, 2016

I hiked this mid August with my boyfriend. It is by far one of the most beautiful hikes I've ever done. Most of the trail isn't too challenging, the only part I found difficult was the peak itself, that was painful but the views from the top were amazing so it was worth it.

Sunday, July 03, 2016

7/2/16 The trail up to the summit at this point is pretty much snow free with a few snow fields to cross! Early morning as always is the best (less foot traffic) in this area! Bugs were at a minimum ,did see some goats and marmots !

Thursday, October 01, 2015

Sunday 9-27-2015: My wife and I hiked to the summit of Skyscraper mountain in Mount Rainier National Park. The weather was perfect, no cloud in the sky, not cold, not hot either. We started at Sunrise at 10 am. We saw a herd of mountain goats near Frozen Lake. We reached Skyscraper Mountain at 1 pm. There was no one else at the summit of Skyscraper Mountain. We enjoyed 360 degree view dominated by Mount Rainier. We had lunch at the summit and left at 1:20 pm and returned to Sunrise by 3 pm.

Monday, September 28, 2015

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Best hike I've ever done. Great views and the trail wasn't too strenuous. The last scramble up the mountain is well worth the sweat!

Friday, August 01, 2014

I didn't do the mountain, but I did do the pass. I found the trail rather easy, and I had already done Freemont Lookout that morning. . We started from Sunrise Vistor Center

Monday, August 05, 2013