Learn more

Six Summits Trail is a 27.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Issaquah, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking, running, nature trips, and bird watching and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 27.5 miles Elevation Gain: 6,591 feet Route Type: Loop

Great run today. Clear skis, no snow. Not too many people until you hit Poo Poo Point Trail. Be cautious when get down from West Summit 1 and are traversing to the East Summit. There is a good portion where you need to bushwhack--maybe .4 miles or so. Its been logged and the trail is essentially defunct for this portion. Someone was gracious enough to mark where the trail *was* with some red flags. Not too much of a hassle. Overall, great run.

icy

Sun Jun 17 2018

I got as far as East Summit before my phone/GPS/map broke and I had to negotiate my way to the Hwy 18 dropoff. Do NOT hike this without a good map or GPS. There are trails and roads that are unmarked, and at about the 7 mile mark a clear cut has wiped the trail out for about half a mile. Without this recorded track to follow, I would not have found the trail there.

Thu Jun 29 2017

I did this hike for the hiking merit badge which required a 20 mile hike so that's exactly what I did. I only went to summits 1, 2, 3, and poo poo point. Overall great hike, many parts were gravel roads and there were a few overgrown trails but still easy to find the path, just a bit annoying to traverse. Besides that it's a great adventure, but be prepared it's very physically challenging.

Sat Jun 17 2017