Six Summits Trail

Six Summits Trail is a 27.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Issaquah, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I got as far as East Summit before my phone/GPS/map broke and I had to negotiate my way to the Hwy 18 dropoff.

Do NOT hike this without a good map or GPS. There are trails and roads that are unmarked, and at about the 7 mile mark a clear cut has wiped the trail out for about half a mile. Without this recorded track to follow, I would not have found the trail there.

I did this hike for the hiking merit badge which required a 20 mile hike so that's exactly what I did. I only went to summits 1, 2, 3, and poo poo point. Overall great hike, many parts were gravel roads and there were a few overgrown trails but still easy to find the path, just a bit annoying to traverse. Besides that it's a great adventure, but be prepared it's very physically challenging.

Saturday, June 17, 2017