Siouxon Trail

Siouxon Trail is a 21.3 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Amboy, Washington that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

old growth

Trail following Siouxon Creek. Lots of waterfalls! Elevation is 500 ft cumulative; meaning there are very easy ups and downs along the trail. Keep following trail #130 across three bridges and shortly after the last bridge, you'll come to Chinook Falls. Super pretty hike in the midst of heavy canopy along Siouxon Creek. Numerous waterfalls and photo ops at every turn. One stream crossing near Chinook Falls is slippery but doable.

Amazing falls and crystal clear water!

Great trail for a first backpacking trip! Ended up camping just past Chinook Falls. Not too busy due to below 40 degree weather

Backpacked Labor Day weekend so it was busy as expected. Spots filled up quick but got a nice spot that fit 2 tents and a hammock past the river crossing even after a late start. The last falls (chinook) was our favorite. If you walk a little ways away you can find a little hidden spot to cliff jump. Not much views besides waterfalls and a creek. Decent flip flop/water shoes came in handy.

Starting from the Huffman/Siouxon Creek Trailhead (marked on FR 5701 with a sign that simply says "trail"), you'll pass though old growth steadily going down until you reach the fork with Huffman Trail forking left. That trail (about half mile) heads steeply down to the creek with a small campsite and water access. Continue straight on the Siouxon Creek Trail through old growth, and over small creek crossings. First week of September they were all almost dried up, but a few had enough of a trickle to fill a water bottle. Early in the morning you'll catch views of deer. The trailhead says 3 miles to the main Trailhead for Siouxon Creek Trail to the falls...but my Fitbit tracked me hiking 6.47 miles. We camped roughly 3/4 mile after the bridge, not continuing on to the falls because it was SO BUSY. We we're trying to hike away from people, not toward them. All in all, a great hike though. No spectacular views, but if you just like to hike bouncy, moderately graded, old growth trails aways from people, you'll get it starting at the first trail marker. The waterfall trail marker has practically a parking lot, there were about 40 cars when we hiked by and could see the road.

used to hike this trail when my kids were little. Gorgeous!

Great place. One of the most beautiful places I have hiked and camped. Like others have said around the web, the last couple miles of the drive to the trailhead is really rough. Its paved but roots have destroyed it so beware and take it nice an slow. Totally worth it though! Waterfall after waterfall! We will definitely be doing this one again.

pleasant hike. nice campsites. went midweek and there was light traffic.

Beautiful! The road up to get there is horrible. Big cracks and you have to really watch and be careful so you don't bottom out. The trail on the other hand is worth it. So beautiful. Felt like I was walking through a magazine. People had hiked in and were camping and I was jealous. I loved every minute of it. Hiked about 3 miles in and then back out.

Great hike. Real life fairy garden. Lots of Chrystal clear water

So I want to explain the trail a little bit because I was super confused as I went. My friend and I decided to do the entire trail and it seems most people don't (I now understand why

Beautiful area. Road to trailhead is very primitive, recommend extreme caution.

Beautiful trail along silicon creek, plenty of cozy campsites and places to access water. No campsites after mile 5.5-6... the last few miles up to forest road 58 are all up hill!!!

Great walk along the creek with amazing waterfalls. A lot of camping spots along the way. About 6 miles in is the last camping spot so be prepared to turn around at the end of the trail and hike back down the switch backs to a camp spot.

Perfect choice for our first overnight trip. Absolutely beautiful and our Aussie loved cooling off in the creek along the trail. It was fairly busy but being a holiday weekend it was expected. Great hike!!

Beautiful trail and great camp sites. A lot of bikers, so be careful if you have a dog or small children.

Such a beautiful day. bit muddy but all in all awesome hike.

Actual day was Sunday March 19, 2017. Just now getting to my review. Great hike along the river. Lots of waterfalls. We turned around after 4 miles making it an 8 mile hike. Mostly flat with around 875 foot elevation gain/loss.

Great trail for biking

This was our first hike. We moved here from a city in the Midwest and never had the opportunity to really take in the activity but since relocating to the PNW we are trying to take advantage of the beauty it has to offer. It packed a punch for us being a little out of shape but it was worth it. The river was beautiful and you walk along it the whole way. We only made it about a mile and a half to two miles but we will be back once we get our wind.

Gorgeous! I can't wait to go back and do more of this.