Silver Star Trail

Silver Star Trail is a 4.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Yacolt, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

snowboarding

Directions from Yacolt: Travel southeast on NE Railroad Avenue for 2.4 miles to NE Sunset Falls Road. Follow NE Sunset Falls Road to the forest boundary. At the boundary, pick up Forest Route 41. Take 41 south to Forest Route 4109. Route 4109 ends the trailhead. Many directions from Battleground are inaccurate. Type in these coordinates into google maps or your iPhone and you'll get there: 45.7673, -122.2433 Please note: you will need a vehicle with clearance.

Views were amazing, pretty easy hike, easy for dogs too. Road going up is very bad, last 2 miles have a high clearance 4wd or awd car. We had a lifted jeep and had fun going up. Road is a logging road so very compact gravel which is very rough

Honestly one of the best hikes you can do. I've hiked all over the PNW and this is one of my favorites. The road to get to the trailhead is worse then Abiqua Falls if that puts it in perspective. Need a high clearance 4x4

My new favorite. The wildflowers, multiple mountain views and combination of sun and shade make this an amazing hike. Definitely need a vehicle with clearance to make it up the road. If the road wasn't so bad I would do this every month.

You definitely need a 4 wheel drive to get to the Trail head. The erosion on the non paved access was unbelievable the last 2.5 miles up. Once at the Trail head,we ended up walking our bikes up the old keep access road that was filled with 6" 8" 12" 15" very sharp quarried filler rocks. I wouldn't call this a bike Trail at all. The territorial view from 2 miles up was pretty spectacular.
For a day hike this Trail could be fun for a medium level type Trail.

This is my favorite hike I've ever been on. The drive up is rough and long but completely worth it!!

Highly recommend the hike as it was absolutely gorgeous. However, the road to the trail head was so rough I would not happily go back anytime soon.

The kids loved the small pile of snow.

Beautiful day, lots of amazing views. Will have to do it again.

Easy hike, difficult drive.

one of my favorites