Great view of Lake Sammamish from the view point right off the parking lot.

When the trail merges into the Talus construction, make sure to use your map and GPS location so you don’t miss where the trail is. We took a bit of a detour after missing the trail within the construction site.
Speaking of construction, we ran into "Trail Closed" sign leaning against the ridge side of the trail, ignored it, and kept walking. After snaking through the yet-to-start Talus construction area, the trail entered into the forest again via a jump-over stumps clearly indicating a swampy area. It was in early September so there was no water. But, I suspect a puddle-swamp area forms during rainy seasons. After walking over the stumps into the forest, the trail turned into a goat-trail and we ran into another ran-over "Trail Closed" sign. it was almost half-way for the ~3.5mi loop, and that time we decided to turn back. I don't know if the return path (the north-east side) is open. Something to find out the next time I am there by walking in the opposite direction, starting on the "left" (north) off the parking lot, probably veering right to the "No Name" or the previous "Surprise Creek" first.