Seven Lakes Loop Trail

Seven Lakes Loop Trail is a 17.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Forks, Washington that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October.

From Port Angeles, west 30 miles on U.S. 101 to Sol Duc Hot Springs Road. Turn left and drive 14 miles to the trailhead at the end of the road

Great day hike! If you're in reasonable fitness this isnt a bad walk, (about 8hrs). Nice and steady going up, and the views on top are incredible. The walk along the river back does drag a little after the climb up and down.

Up up up. Don't forget to stop at the beautiful falls along the trail. Deer Lake is amazing. It's only four miles in if you don't want to do the whole loop. Saw a black bear walking up the path right at me but was able to easily shoo it off. Modest snow at the top, very doable. Loved it.

Wow, what an unforgettable experience! Day hiked the entire loop, took about 9.5 hours. Did this hike on July 2nd, and there was lots of snow higher up. Many people I passed were wearing crampons, would definitely recommend bringing those or at least yak traks. I did it with just a pair of sneakers, and it was definitely sketchy at parts. The trail was very hard to follow in the snow, thankfully I have all-trails pro and had a downloaded map of the route. Would definitely recommend having that if you go in early July.

The views. Omg. Amazing.

We hiked to Deer Lake before turning back because of the deep snow on the trail. I would definitely love to go again and do the whole loop. As every single person we asked on the trail told us, the view is definitely worth the hike! Can't wait to see the rest

We only made it to Deer lake before having to turn back due to the snow being too deep and not able to see the trail. But an amazing hike, and I hope to go back to complete it later in the year.

Sunday, July 24, 2016

Did this at a leisure pace. it was beautiful. bugs were out of control as I went during high season. However, it was still worth the views and time on trail. We did this in the reverse direction as most, and I think it was worth it. The trail was busy so going in the opposite direction was nice.

This is a must do!

Wednesday, July 06, 2016

Thursday, June 23, 2016

Friday, May 20, 2016

Great easy hike to awesome waterfall. You won't regret the hike

Thursday, December 03, 2015

Best trail I have ever been on in a (26 year) lifetime of national park trips and a decade of backpacking. The vistas from the ridgeline are the kind that make you drop your gear and just sit in silence for a while. Maybe not as much wildlife as other places (Elk herd - 2 miles away, mountain goat - 100 feet away) but the scenery is second to none.

Tuesday, September 01, 2015

Excellent and long
10 hours (incl swimming)

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

My mother and I made this a day hike and started at 10:30a.m. I would suggest starting earlier, to get the most enjoyment out of the day. It took around 10 hours, we weren't hoofing it crazy but we also didn't take any stops greater than a couple minutes. I would definitely do it again as a day hike, just leave early to get to explore the area with more ease. I would suggest doing this hike in one day if camping is not an option. It would make a challenging trail run as well. My GPS died at 12.5 miles and we had put in over 4,800 feet. (I think the elevation recorded on sites is not the total net gain). We were definitely spent after this beautiful day of hiking. Some of the best hiking views I've encountered!!
Next time: bring food, and more water!

Friday, July 17, 2015

Thursday, July 16, 2015

First part away from Sol Duc Falls is generally flat. Then it climbs, climbs, climbs! It connects to the lakes basin & ridge after pushing up. Beautiful rain forrest then high mountain lakes!

Monday, July 06, 2015

The length of this trail is kind of confusing, it is about a 19.5 mile loop (although it feels longer). We started at the trail head around 2PM on a Wednesday, hiked through Deer Lake, settling in at Lunch Lake to camp around 7:30PM. The next day we packed up and headed out, arriving at Heart Lake for lunch & a swim. We were told there is a family of goats here, which we heard but did not see. Between Lunch and Heart Lake is Bogachiel Peak (a short side trail to the highest point, which we did not do) and the trail starts to descend from there. Camping at Lunch added about .5 miles each way and a 400ft or so elevation change, totaling our trip to about 20.5 miles and 4400ft elevation gain.

There were a decent amount of folks on the trail for a Wednesday/Thursday, but it was right before the holiday weekend. I imagine weekends in the summer would be moderately to heavily trafficked. It was very beautiful and you get a little bit of everything (glacier views, waterfalls, old growth forests, etc). Next time we do this trial we will give ourselves 3 days & 2 nights and bring a LOT less stuff. We met a woman on the trail that ran it in a day and said it is one of her favorite trails in the state, which I think speaks enough about the trail.

Saturday, September 07, 2013