Sequalitchew Creek Trail

Sequalitchew Creek Trail is a 3.2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Dupont, Washington that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

paddle sports

beach

cave

The trail starts out by leaving the parking lot from the police station and follows an old gravel road. The trail then turns to pavement for a short section before turning back to gravel. The trail is well signed and easy to follow. You also get to walk through a tunnel before you reach the beach.

Enjoyed this trail and the beach at the end.

More of an easy trail out the water. Very peaceful walk but can be pretty busy depending when you go - the walk out to the water is mostly downhill but going back to your car is a slight incline. Otherwise this is my favorite hike!

Beautiful trail with a stunning view of the Sound. Pretty easy hike.

Great trail. Kid and dog friendly. Pretty easy hike with great views.

My kids loved it, my husband and I loved it, it was beautiful!

This was a quick and easy walk. Hardly any one else out on the trail so it was nice and peaceful.

This was a great trail and I really enjoyed my walk/hike today on it! It’s is mostly unpaved with a paved section that follows downsize a running creek. The day was beautiful, but with the trail sort of going down, what I would call a crevasse between to higher sections filled with trees, it stayed a little chilly. It was totally worth the hike down and the beautiful sound waterfront end was a magnificent reward! It was lightly traveled today and I pretty much had the long stretch of beach to myself and my dog. I would say this more an easy trail and believe the intermediate rating is because your hike going back is all uphill. I would consider it a little strenuous for an older out of shape person but it is definitely easily doable and gives you that accomplished feeling. My tracker showed my walk at 3.10 miles from start to end. Trail starts at a weird location next to the building on the left.

Nice easy trail, relaxing with great views.

Wouldn’t rate as moderate. Very easy walk. 3 miles round trip. Pretty cool scenery. Nice little beach area.

Great hike today.

It’s a decent trail. Mainly creeksode walking. Random sitting benches. One recommendation would be to put a honey bucket or some sort of restroom somewhere along the trail for those of us who like being hydrated... but at the end of the trail is a great view of sea life and the water. Sunset is beautiful on a nice day.

A nice trail for a short outing. About 3 miles round trip and not difficult. There are even a couple of benches along the way if you wanted to rest. It ends right on the Sound with beautiful views. It's definitely one we will do again. Great for families. We plan on going back in the summer.

Loved walking this trail with my pup!

Nice wide trail beautiful trees , best part was getting to the water

It's an easy trail and kid friendly. when it opened up to the Sound at the end, we parked our strollers and let the kids find crabs on the beach and follow the old railroad tracks. There are some steep hillsides that made me nervous with my toddlers running, but beautiful scenery.

Was very beautiful walk. Not hard and my 8 year old was able to run down and back up. Very clean and a lot of good photo ops!

I wouldn’t call this trail moderate. It’s easy enough to jog with a stroller. It’s beautiful and nice to spend some time at the end just watching the water and all the wildlife.

Great trail for kids and novice day hikers. The reward at the turn around is a great view of the south sound.

this is a great, easy walk in the woods, on a well maintained unpaved path, to the beach. only reason i give it 4/5 instead of 5/5 us because it is a lot of people. once you get to the beach though, it opens up. beautiful trail.

The walk in and out was a little boring i thought but i loved the history at the end.

Great hike. Easy. Beautiful nature for kids to admire. Opening to water is amazing.

Easy, fun hike. My 2 year old had a blast.

Easy trail quiet beach at the end

Decent trail, a little muddy in the rainy season and since it’s graded might not be best for tiny kids, but otherwise is a great family trail. Beautiful stop at the water at the end.

Fantastic trail. Not too far and the water is really pretty. Pro tip, go right before sunset! Beautiful views

Great trail. My dog loved it. Lots of friendly people but not to overcrowded.

Intermittent benches on the walk and several interesting fact boards explain local history/wildlife.

how is the wildlife around that area?

great trail for a walk or light jog.

It was a nice trail to run.