Sand Point Trail to North Coast Beach Travelway

Sand Point Trail to North Coast Beach Travelway is a 10.2 mile out and back trail located near Sekiu, Washington that offers the chance to see wildlife. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking and birding.

On April 1st through the 2nd I hiked the Ozette loop, I made it along the video along the way you can find it here: Cape Alava, Sand Point, Ozette Loop Hike 2018https://youtu.be/Y6Ep3_yVMdk From the trailhead at the Ozette Ranger Station I hiked South to Sand Point where we set up camp and then continued south along the beach towards Yellow Banks. I reached the southernmost cape before yellow banks and turned around due to a high tide and I didn’t want to go over the top. That night there was a few rain showers and then it cleared up. I got up early on Monday the 2nd low tide was at around 8:30 I made a quick hike to Cape Alava that morning with a beautiful sunrise and made it back to Sand Point just in time for breakfast. After Breakfast I just hung around Sand Point and enjoyed the beautiful weather. Shortly after dinner I Left for the vehicles and a long drive home. Again here is the video I made along the way: Cape Alava, Sand Point, Ozette Loop Hike 2018https://youtu.be/Y6Ep3_yVMdk
Overall it was an AMAZING hike there where only 2 trees over the boardwalk.

Be safe out there,
NW Adventures

Hiking along the Northern Coast Route is Hard work with 40 pound packs. Slippery rocks, pebble beaches, steep inclines and tides. It was hard work traveling from Ozette to Rialto but well worth the experience with some good friends. The Sunsets are worth the tired feet and backs alone.