Memorial Day Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

Sammamish River Trail

easyYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(275)
Marymoor Park

Sammamish River Trail is a 19 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Redmond, Washington that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 19.0 miles Elevation Gain: 269 feet Route Type: Out & Back

wheelchair friendly

stroller friendly

paved

This is a converted rail-trail from Redmond to Kenmore in the east suburbs of Seattle, and is popular with cyclists.

Nice and popular trail!

First time biking this trail. Slightly crowded, but I was still able to bike at a good pace with average speed of 16mph. 21 miles round trip starting at Marymoor Park to where Burke trail intersects

easy and flat run or bike

An evening walk to Woodinville Park.

closed

Lovely trail but disappointed today to find a large selection closed due to pedestrian bridge repair.

Very nice area to walk from Redmond to Bothell bathrooms are clean the trails grade is flat which is nice easier on the knees.

closed
private property

I love the place, but, venue or not, it really does attract A LOT of people on some days. Many very, very clean, family friendly, flat trails. There’s a rock wall now, new and improved doggie park. Many clean-cut fields and courts for almost every activity. There’s an endless blackberry wall, (given the time of year). And of course-the venue. There is always a show, display, or concert happening spring and summer so you really need to keep yourself updated. (I’ve seen Sublime, Dirty Heads, Slightly Stoopid, many more...

Flat and easy. Start early to avoid the crowds

Lots of pollen right now!

Tue Dec 18 2018

Very scenic trail as it runs along the Sammamish River for miles. Flat and paved, but there is enough gravel/grass off to the side for people (like me) who need to run on softer surfaces. Definitely one of my favorite trails.

Fri Aug 10 2018

When I first moved to Washington in early 2017, I discovered the Sammamish River Trail located right behind my apartment. This trail helped me to find my love for running and I was easily able to up my miles from 3 to 20. Since then, I've used it for running, biking and roller blading. It's a nice long stretch of paved road alongside the river. It does get crowded in certain areas during spring/summer but everyone seems to be pretty respectful of space and staying to the right. During the cooler seasons, it's definitely not as busy and if you're lucky you may just see some Otters like I did :) The coolest part about this trails that you can go from downtown Redmond to the library to 60 acres park, Woodinville, you pass the Tolt pipeline trail & PSE PowerLine trail, and then into Bothell where it connects you to the Burke Gilman trail... OR you can go to Marymoor Park and connect to the East Lake Sammamish Trail.

Wed Sep 06 2017

to much traffic..other than that not bad

Sat Aug 05 2017

Not a lot of cover - best not to go on a hot day. Otherwise smooth and straightforward.

Mon Jul 31 2017

Awesome bike ride!

Thu Jul 27 2017

7/27/2017 (Thursday) - One hour walk from Redmond city hall.

Sun Jul 02 2017

I go rollerblading here habitually, it's such a beautiful trail and when you are going from redmond to woodinville it's extra scenic... at places you feel in the middle of nowhere. the only reason I didn't give 5 stars is because of the cyclists, many go far too fast regardless of the high traffic area signs. I average around 9-11 mph in my skates, the speed limit is 15 for the trail and some bikers seem to be going 3x that, and many fail to notify when they are passing, which has caused several close calls, even when I'm just walking.

Sun Jun 11 2017

paved, smooth, well maintained. but it is popular and can get crowded when the weather is nice.

Sat Jun 03 2017

i found this a good way to get my kids started on doing the trails. And they really enjoyed it!

Sun Mar 12 2017

Great hike!

Fri Dec 02 2016

Nice bicycle ride

Tue Nov 22 2016

the trail is paved and not natural at all. we didn't care for it

Sun Oct 23 2016

Simple, well maintained, nice

Tue Sep 13 2016

Generally well maintained. We measured more than 7 mi all on.hard surface , mostly asphalt. The views are generally pleasant to beautiful. The trains name might have changed when we entered Redmoumd

Thu Aug 25 2016

This is not moderate!! It's easy no question whole path I paved if your not used to getting exercise might be moderate but this is a running/ bike trail not a hike at all can get very busy on weekends and sunny days!!

Tue May 31 2016

Beautiful trail for biking. Visit the Red Hook brewery for a fun tour.