Saddlerock Trail

Saddlerock Trail is a 2.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Wenatchee, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Beautiful views but Trail is an old Track Road and not in the best of shape. I understand it is soon scheduled for major upgrades in 2019. The trailhead facility itself was updated in the past several years. It is very nice. It has safe parking and a large covered picnic area.

awesome views this is my first time being up here

I haven't really been up here since I was a boy so I thought it would be fun. The trailhead is unbelievably improved. Great loop. Great scenery. Lots of memories.

I love Saddlerock. It's my favorite local go to spot! Great year round. A lot of different trails. Dog friendly, which is a must for me! Terrain can be steep and loose, so be prepared. Good hiking shoes highly recommended.....

Short and very accessible hike. Great for a last minute quick hike. Visiting for the Holidays I chose to go Dec.24 at 7:30 am ... cold yes 12F and ground covered by snow, but the view was totally worth it. It can get slippery so wear proper hiking boots and hiking poles are a great idea **

It’s rainy and foggy, but still a nice hiking.

Absolutely worth the steep parts to see the view at the top!

First time here with my wife. Great hike with amazing views of Wenatchee, the valley and Columbia river. From the peaks you can see Rocky Reach Dam to the north and Rock island to the south. I don`t agree with the "easy" rating, it is at least "moderate". The elevation gain is up to 1500` and very steep if you take a right at the fork going up fhe face of the peaks. If you go left it`s a much gentler assent but still not "easy" because you gain the same elevation. Temperature was in the upper 50`s and we were sweating and breathing hard going up. Summertime "yikes"!
Overall a great hike right in our backyard. Will be coming back often.

Great trail, beautiful scenery,

This kicked my butt at 10am. It was hot and very steep. Beautiful view of Wenatchee though.

Very nice little hike. Great views of Wenatchee. Coming down the south side has some loose rock/skree, but nothing too bad.

This trail is actually a moderate trail at least. Very steep and sometimes difficult trail. Those with elevation issues or knee issues should NOT consider this an easy trail.

Amazing views this hike is must do!

I enjoyed this hike very much. I am a beginner, several children on the trail. It is pretty steep but I took my time. A bit hard on my knees. The views are gorgeous. I will be doing this one again.

Awesome trail, I'm glad I hiked it in the morning. it started to get a lil warm on my way down.

the new parking and picnic area is looking really good, though I had to park on S. Miller and walk to the trail. oh well. the weather was spectacular providing a limitless view of Wenatchee and the Columbia River Basin. Bring water but don't throw your empties on the ground. the squirrels will not pick up after you. Keep our trails clean.

Pretty. Not my usual preference for wilderness and solitude, but I feel like, as a temporary Wenatchian, it should be done at least once.

Always a good hike.

Sunday, January 01, 2017

This is a terrific hike and has many trail options that get you to the top. I love visiting in rain because I think it adds to the fun. This hake can be done with very little time or you can explore and spend as much time as you like. Plenty of places to stop for a picnic if you want a nice time with friends or family! This is also a great trainer hike for carrying a weighted backpack.

Sunday, October 02, 2016

Great hike! Steep but worth it!

Thursday, July 28, 2016

It is for far one of the best short trails around town. Close to town, easy but effective less than an hour work out

Sunday, June 05, 2016

Great for a run gets steeper words the last first half

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

It is not easy. Wait! Maybe I'm a whimp.

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Great hike with lots of amazing views. My 5 & 3 year old sons had a great time!

Saturday, May 07, 2016

Great hike that offers a mix of steep inclines, gentle inclines, and flat walking. Awesome panoramic views of the Wenatchee valley can be found at the top. Took my three year old daughter to the top yesterday! Will definitely do it again. I highly recommend anyone to add this hike to their list of conquered trails.

Friday, May 06, 2016

Growing up in the area this hike becomes monotonous. The scenery up to the Saddle isn't attractive, but once you arrive to the top, the views of the valley are breath taking. We did a sunrise hike and found the "secret" swing that over looks the city. If this is a trail you've done, I highly suggest doing it before the sun comes up!

Friday, April 08, 2016

Really busy for a Thursday night... I also wanted to ride the Mountain Bike, but there are four sign that all have conflicting rules regarding a bike. I ended up putting the bike away and walking. Beautiful views of the city and not too far of a hike to get there!

Saturday, March 19, 2016

Saturday morning hike. Not too crowded. Beautiful view of the Wenatchee valley and the city. Couple of lonely snow flakes at the top, fell on us.

Sunday, September 27, 2015

Quick, easy fitness hike for locals. I use this trail often when I can't stand the thought of indoor cardio after weight training. This trail can be crowded, especially on the weekends. Steep sections depending on route. Nice mountain and city views.

Tuesday, September 08, 2015

Good. Little crowded on nice weekends but the rocks structures on top are quiet unique. Also has are great view of Wenatchee and columbia river. Clear trail, fairly steep.