Ruby Beach is a 1.4 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Forks, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

Beach 1 provides a quick hike out to seastacks, driftwood logs, and a perfect lagoon for skipping stones. A quick stroll along this beach will show great examples of the shoreline in Olympic National Park. There are towering seastacks, piles of driftwood logs, and an amazing array of wave-polished stones of all colors.

Amazing scenery right around the corner from the lodge. Hiked (I guess you could call it that since it’s pretty easy relative to 2nd or 3rd beach) once in the dark of night for some astrophotography shots and then again in the morning. Even though we had hazy weather the scenery was fantastic with great reflections off the beach.

Even though I almost got my girlfriend and I killed on the way there and on the way back, it was a great day.
Such a beautiful beach at any time of day in any weather. My girlfriend and our dog are trying to sleep away the traumatic experience of getting lost in the Olympic national forrest on low fuel and no cell reception. Bring a backpack to carry your stuff- I had a lot of stuff to carry. Oh and we saw a beached whale and four older men that looked like my dad except they were smiling- With the New Balance shoes and puffy vest, scarce hair and strange goatee- if you fit this description and you’re feeling down I highly recommend you visit Ruby Beach.

one word.......AMAZING! It combines the beauty of the Oregon coast beaches (large rocks and tons of drift word) and the expanse of sand like the California beaches and of course, the mighty Pacific Ocean in all its glory. Just stunning!!! This is definitely a must do!!!!!

There is a river adjacent to where the beach access is. The river flows into the sea and stopped many people from continuing N up the beach. A couple of girls rolled up their pants and carried their shoes to cross. Its doable, just not something most people wanted to do on a cold , rainy day. We went around low tide. Didn’t find anything in the tidepools. Found a dead whale on the beach which was depressing. Found many crabs or pieces of crabs. Not sure why this beach is beautiful. Found Rialto Beach much more intriguing.

Came here on 09/10 at like 11am. Weather was perfect. Definitely congested in the parking lot but wasn’t so bad once we got down to the beach. Not so much a hike but just a beautiful place to hang for a bit and drink your coffee.

Spectacular views! So much to see and explore.

Hard to describe how special and beautiful this beach is. We were visiting from Philadelphia and Ruby Beach left us speechless. Originally planned on an hour here but spent close to 4 exploring and watching the tide come in. I think about this afternoon all the time.

Arguably the best beach in the state. I loved the rocky outcropping and the pretty cliffs and beaches.

It was a bit raining but I enjoyed my trip to Ruby beach. It wasn't too cold at all. I love the rock formations. It is simply beautiful.

One of my favorite beaches in Olympic. If you only have time to do one - this one has the best tidal pools.

Ruby beach is absolutely stunning! The sand is very soft to walk on and there are also many rocks on the beach to climb to get that Instagram photo. The water is the Pacific Ocean so it is a bit cold but not unbearable to go for a dip. I’ve been to this beach twice and loved it each time.

Cool beach.

Beautiful beach to wander around. A few cool rock croppings to explore and climb on. There was also a giant pile of accumulated drift trees between trail end and beach we had to climb over - some areas easier than others.

Great views, and moderate level of difficulty if you’re not used to hiking. Easy otherwise and beautiful.

Wouldn’t call this a “hike” but a beautiful beach stroll. Rather busy area but still a good spot for low tide to check out the tide pools

I don't think we did the "hike" from beach 1, but did walk down the busy path to the beach from the parking lot trail! Seemed great for exploring with kids! Beach wood everywhere, starfish and sea urchins galore out by the big haystack rock. Very cool spot! Had a great weather today too!

beautiful beach!!!

Beautiful beach! If you can go at low tide, check the rocks for starfish!

Extraordinary! Mother Nature put on a magnificent display with a sunny, blue-sky day mixed with ethereal fog that rolled past the beach for a time. Seeing the seastacks swathed in light fog was amazing! The beach is strewn with huge drift logs/trees that are a fun challenge to photo. I've trekked down many beach walks and this is one of my favorites, for sure!

Great little loop with stunning views

I loved the photography here! Very easy hike, and definitely a great spot to easily access for sunset or sunrise if staying near by.

Such amazing views and a beautiful place to be. It is definitely a popular spot to be at so if you are looking for some solitude I'd suggest going fairly early.

Beautiful experience

A very nice place/beach to visit. Have a picnic there.

Peaceful. Beautiful. Family Friendly. Sun was shining with a cool breeze blowing. Logs are a bit overwhelming as there are many and all together but not all the same size or stable. Awesome large rocks In water make for a pretty background.

Use caution crossing logs. Beautiful setting but challenging to get photos without people stepping into shot. Well worth the visit.

Just, WOW! No wonder this beach is so popular. We could have stayed here all day and kind of wish we did—lots of families there with beach towels and picnics set up. Make sure to do the entire loop if you’re looking for some solitude, most of the families seemed to stay right near where the trail meets the beach. We went this weekend and had to climb over a decent amount of logs to get to the sand, keep this in mind if you or someone in your group would have trouble navigating this.

Gorgeous beach. Beautiful views of the ocean and the sea stacks. A very short walk down from the parking lot, and then across the driftwood and onto the beach. A very pleasant walk. In low tide a lot of by-the-wind sailor jellyfish were washed out onto the sand.

Nice place to check out some tidepools.

Nice walk along the beach! We crossed the little river and went to the rocks which was cool because no one else was there. Very beautiful view of the ocean and there was a bald eagle so that was a plus.