Rocks of Sharon Trail

Rocks of Sharon Trail is a 6.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Spokane, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Great trail, clearly marked. The bees were certainly out in abundance for this day at the beginning of the trail, but not aggressive so no worries. The views were outstanding, especially in and around the the Rocks... well worth the drive for this one.

Amazing Overlooks! Would recommend going on a clear blue sky day.

Incredible.

Left the Iller Creek trailhead at 6:00pm, perfect time to arrive at the top for the sunset vista, which was brilliant with the hazy smoke and lined with jet lines. When we arrived at the granite outcroppings lit purple like an Instagram purple from the alpine glow.

2 guys were rappelling down, a few other solo walkers journeyed by and said hi.

We hardly needed our headlamps on the way down (at first) because of the skyline of Spokane Valley, (mainly Sprague). The cicadas were in chorus on either side of the trail. We arrived at our car around 8:00 in total darkness and there were still 4 more vehicles in the parking lot.

Read the reviews & hit the trail on Friday 8/31/18 with my small terrier. Great visas, clean trails & nice people. Had a wonderful time & plan to return next month.

Parked at the south trailhead for "Stevens Creek" off of Stevens Creek Road. Hiked a little under a mile to "Big Rock" and enjoyed the views of the Palouse to the South and Spokane Valley to the North. From where the Stevens Creek Trail meets the Iller Creek Loop at the top I recommend going down on the East (right) loop, as it is more exposed and steep, and then up on the West (left) loop, as it is shaded and less steep. Iller Creek Trailhead to the North off of Dishman Mica is also an access point for the entire area. Good trail for dogs, there is a creek along the west loop.

Great hike with beautiful views in all directions. A portion of the trail goes through the forest along a creek and makes it for a nice cool—down. The rocks are obviously amazing. Bring lots of water as it gets hot this time of the year! Very dog friendly. We will be back!

Great views. Varied landscape. Clean, marked trails. Definitely will revisit this one.

Loved it!

Decent hike for kids. Took 8 and 6 year old on it. Would do it again.

Unbelievable!!!

needs better trail markers

my best friend and I took our kids here 2 days ago. we had a great time on the hike and we found the waterfall. unfortunately a dog jumped from the above cliff and almost landed on my daughter and the owners were somewhere but a stranger came down and got the dog and took it up to the owners. it was an upsetting trip and we will never go back. BE CAREFUL!

Excellent hike. One of my favorites. 6.5 mile loop.

Beautiful hike to the rocks on a crisp February day. We started out with the sun on our backs and snow on the trail. Higher we got less snow on the trail but the sun disappeared and got chilly.
Gorgeous view from the top. We ate lunch snapped some picks and headed down just before sundown.

Finished the hike but there is a lot of ice and snow and mud from the runoff. Would definitely wait till it’s warmer out. Beautiful view though!

Looks like a nice trail. We went part way in and weren’t prepared for the ice/snow-covered trail. Will try again when the weather is warmer.

We love this hike! My girls have done this with me too, they are 7 and 4... We brought snacks and took breaks but they did it! At the bottom, there are a lot of butterflies to catch and look at, which the girls just love. I have also seen a moose towards the top! I love having this trail so close to home.

Monday, September 11, 2017

Fun hike, really great views all the way around the loop!

Sunday, September 10, 2017

Ran last Saturday morning when in town visiting family. Great location 15 mins from south hill...a lot closer than something we westsiders often deal with. Started south end and ran counter clockwise. Steep grind to start and long grind after turning at the north end. Good to see a mix of runners, walkers and bikers enjoying a beautiful Saturday morning.

Thursday, August 31, 2017

Used this trail for initial prep for Grand Canyon rim to rim hike. Easy access, beautiful views, not much traffic (it was hot, >90). Multiple side trails and tracks to provide varied elevation gain. Wind picked up at sunset. Porcupine crossed the trail right in front of us at dusk.

Monday, August 21, 2017

Great hike. If it is 6.8 miles, it is a long 6.8 miles. I don't say that to complain because I loved the hike, but it seems longer than 6.8 miles. Plus if you wanted to do a shorter hike there are ways to do it. If you want a shorter hike and still get the great views start from the Stevens Creek Trailhead. There is a connection between the East fork and West Fork of the Iler Creek trails about halfway that would make it shorter. Bottom line: fun hike with lots of different terrain and things to look at.

Monday, August 14, 2017

Great trail. Easy to get to. Right in our "back yard"!

Thursday, July 20, 2017

Since Rocks of Sharon are the clear highlight of the Iller Creek Dishman Hills Conservation Area, it makes sense to start at the Stevens Creek trailhead (south). Last time I did the entire loop starting from the Iller Creek trailhead (north). Both approaches are nice, though there is more shade on the Stevens Creek side. It's also much closer from there if all you want to do is visit Rocks of Sharon. There is a slope to climb up, but it's not too difficult if you take it slow and choose the gradual switchbacks over the straight uphill option.

Friday, June 23, 2017

The west fork of the Illers Creek portion of the trail has quite a few mosquitos - definitely wear bug spray!

Saturday, June 03, 2017

Hiked a shorter loop starting at Stevens Creek trailhead about 4 mi. and was glad I took my sticks as some parts of trail were steep and slick with pine needles. No see ums were bad only when the wind stopped. Luckily they have a short hatch season and should be gone in June. Great views of Palouse, Step Toe(?) Butte. Wildflowers everywhere, few people. What's the story of the wrecked car up on the trail esp since there isn't a road to be found?!

Thursday, June 01, 2017

Fun hike

Thursday, June 01, 2017

Easy hike with am amazing view on top. Good for an afternoon in the sun.

Tuesday, May 30, 2017