Robe Canyon Trail

Robe Canyon Trail is a 3.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Granite Falls, Washington that features a great forest setting and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

private property

historic site

From the Verlot Public Center (11 miles east of Granite Falls), travel west on the Mountain Loop Highway 3.9 mile to the trailhead on the left (south).

The trail is obviously busy, lots of trash and debris, yuck. But following the river is gorgeous. Great for my three year old.

Good easy trail hiked to the no trespassing signs so the round trip was only 2 miles. Wish people would pick up their damn trash! Make sure to lock up your cars when parked by the road that goes for any trail head parking.

Quite peaceful and beautiful trail.

I DO NOT RECOMMEND FOR MOUNTAIN BIKING. Hiking, wading in the river, picnic was a great experience. The entry is very steep, then there is a fun, descent section for about 200 yards then too many trees down to enjoy biking. The trail really isn't that long until you get to the, do not pass this point or you will die, county signs.

This is an amazing hike and a true adventure. Personally I continue past the first cave through the 2nd and up to the 3rd cave. Shortly after the third is where I called it quits as it starts to get a bit more difficult and technical. this is probably the most beautiful and rewarding Trail I have seen yet with minimal work.

Great! I can't wait to come back!
Kristine, (two reviews below mine) that's called "trail cutting" and it's a HUGE no no. It is massively frowned upon by the outdoor community. It kills the local plants and increases erosion.

Great track, or the part that wasn't closed. It cuts off at about 1 mile in, with signs stating so at the beginning of the trail.

Will come back when it's fully open again later!

SUPER rad trail! The lushness! The tunnels! The history! Loved climbing up the "shortcuts" at the start of the descending part of the trail! This trail made me feel like I was Indiana freakin Jones lol

~An overcast July afternoon ;)

Beautiful hike. Trail is blocked by slides after railway tunnel about 2 miles in.

Beautiful caves and views. Definitely would go back

Gorgeous river views. There is a sign about a mile in that says "Trail closed because of unsafe conditions." I kept going anyway, and there are some fun tunnels and old railroad tracks. Gets really steep at one point, with ropes tied to trees to help you up. I turned back after a few ropes when it didn't feel very safe anymore. Fun hike though.

It was a beautiful hike with cool old railroad structures to see. I definitely would not consider this kid friendly. I have a one year-old who I carry in a pack and it was a little scary in a few spots and eventually we did have to turn back due to mudslides and debris. Still, overall beautiful scenery and nice time spent.

Great trail. Easy before slide and definitely gets a lot more difficult afterwards. But it ia definitely worth the extra effort. 3rd tunnel is really cool; a slide has turnedbit into a cave.

Beautiful hike! Would not take the dogs again due to the amount of climbing over boulders/fallen trees. We only went just past the second tunnel this time, we will go again to the end! Hiked on 6/3/17 from 1:30pm-4pm