User could not be found.

Road 6310: Jumpoff Ridge Trail [CLOSED]

hardYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray Star(6)
Mount Baker Snoqualmie National Forest

Road 6310: Jumpoff Ridge Trail [CLOSED] is a 10.0 kilometer moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Gold Bar, Washington that features a river and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, running, and bird watching and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 10.0 km Elevation Gain: 593 m Route Type: Out & Back

closed

This trail is experiencing full or partial closure due to COVID-19. Please see the open trails nearby for alternate hiking options.

The trail is an abandoned logging road complete with bushes and fallen trees but easily traveled. The road and trail are about a half mile longer than the map shows. Past the end of the road I went into the old growth forest and straight up the mountain another 800’ or so. Easily traveled but I wasn’t really prepared for the snow so I turned around. All around a nice day hike. I am planning to go back and climb to the summit. The road/trail is a nice approach to the real climb up to the peak.

Trail is seriously over grown. My dog seemed to catch the trail early so I followed him, but I’m not sure I would have been able to decipher much of a trail after the first 0.5 mile or so with out him. Lost the trail at the top so didn’t get to see any views which was rather disappointing given the amount of work it took to get there.

Thu Mar 22 2018

This trail needs some TLC. Kersee and had a great time. You will want/need snow shoes for the last ¾ of a mile. Or post hole in 2 feet of snow.

Mon May 27 2019