Ring Hill Forest Trail System

Ring Hill Forest Trail System is a 2.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Woodinville, Washington that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

"Ring Hill Forest is a King County working resource land. The property lies west of West Snoqualmie Valley Rd. near its intersection with NE Woodinville-Duvall Rd. and to the east of 232nd Ave NE near its intersection with NE 147th St." This is a nice property, if one is willing to look past the fact that a good portion of trails go through a recently-harvested area. Don't expect an enormous, barren clearcut... they left a good number of standing trees and there is a fair amount of unharvested land. Very light usage.

Did the main loop and then went down the south path that continues on to a less maintained trail. Ends up at a power line overlooking a steep cliff with a great view of Duval and the valley. We headed back along the power line trail then connected back to the second loop and returned to the regular path. Nice and easy.

This is one of my favorite trails for minimalist running. Beautifully secluded away from the big cities allowing for a peaceful time to relax. It's a little treacherous (sharp rocks) at the start but that's OK for me because it gives me an opportunity to hone in on my technical trail running skills.

Nice warm up trail

Trails are in nice shape. Viewpoints are obscured by trees. Would make a good trail running loop.

Sunday, August 21, 2016

Monday, May 25, 2015

Good hike overall for my kid. We didn't run in to anyone on it that day, and if we stopped to long, we got a bit eaten up. Note to bring Off next time we go.

Saturday, April 04, 2015

Saturday, November 22, 2014

Saturday, June 21, 2014

Monday, April 14, 2014

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Friday, March 29, 2013

For me this was a pleasant and unexpected find near Woodinville, WA. Nice forested loop trails with views of the Snoqualmie valley. King county parks has established a fitness trail here too. Good for trail running.