Rimrock Conservation Area Palisades Park Loop Trail

easyYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray Star(212)
Palisades Park

Rimrock Conservation Area Palisades Park Loop Trail is a 2.9 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Spokane, Washington that features a great forest setting and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.9 miles Elevation Gain: 82 feet Route Type: Loop

my sister and I enjoyed our walk. It was a really nice view and a good trail EXCEPT we both found ticks on our clothing after.

Nice easy hike. Not my favorite kind of hike, I prefer a little more elevation change, tree cover, and some form of water throughout the hike. Lots of beautiful flowers, plenty of birds for viewing, and we even saw a snake. The first gravel road path has beautiful views of the city. When you turn off the gravel the trail narrows and in spots you go through thick and high grass and bushes. We managed to not get any ticks. Overall nice walk.

Nice easy walk. Flat. You can stay on main and turn around 1/2 way through or venture off onto the little trail that takes you into the woods and loops you back to main road. Pretty view of the city.

Trail accessible from Spokane Transit stop with 20 minute walk in. Enjoyed the middle trails for getting away from gravel path and solitude. On way back took an outer blue trail with some moderate hill climbs base on steepness. Great for getting the cardio back after shelter in place. And yes, snakes are out now so look out.

Great view of the city. Easy trail for kids or strollers, flat with no elevation gain.

Nice and shaded. More of a flat walk than hike. Snakes are out for spring!

Breathtaking views, no mud today. very wide, open, easy trail. My 13 year-old grandson loved it! Gorgeous, perfect day!

Great view of the city. Well-marked trails. You can take many side trails and go for a longer hike, but the views aren' t much different. Nice short hike for the family!

Great views along the rim on the way out. However the gps records drastic elevation changes and it’s a flat trail so don’t get scared away by that. Then a nice single track trail through the woods on the way back. Fun hike.

Beautiful trail and so much fun. Some paths were flooded.

flooded

Loved it! It was wet and muddy and rainy, but that’s mainly my own fault for being a nimrod and not even glancing at the weather before taking off on this hike. I did get side-tracked a couple times exploring the offshoots, so I ended up running into a couple spots that were under some shallow water... not too bad though. This is definitely a hike I’m going to recommend to a lot of people, including folks with creaky knees and families with young kids and/or dogs. Easy to find, easy to follow, cell reception, fairly steady terrain... This might become one of my all-time favorites! :)

Easy walk, lots of mud

This trail was great! Beautiful views. It was a beautiful sunny day and the trail wasn't busy. I would recommend!

Walked 1/8 and things were just fine. Light snow had no impact. I like this trail almost year round.

Beautiful views and love the trail options off the gravel path.

*BEWARE* of tweakers and lowlifes around. Got my driver side window smashed in and my car burgled at the eastern parking lot entrance last weekend. Pretty sure a prowler was there when we showed up and waited for us to head down the trail. Wish I knew this area has a reputation at the time, would have been more careful. Def not coming back...and I'm not being overly dramatic. A real shame cuz the views are quite nice. :(

we had to cut it short to go to an appointment but a great hike to do after lunch!

First time on the trail and it went pretty well. Will be easier to ride now that I know the route.

nice and easy trail with a beautiful view

nobody told me the inclines lead you to the road with no safe path back down the hills. Missed the waterfall but crossed a creek. Great hike.