Ridgefield National Wildlife Refuge

Ridgefield National Wildlife Refuge is a 2.4 mile loop trail located near Ridgefield, Washington that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, birding, and canoeing and is accessible year-round.

canoeing

I'm a volunteer at this refuge from time to time, so I am a bit biased. However, if you love nature, birdwatching, and being immersed in natural habitats, this wonderful place is for you.

Great easy hike with a nice length, though the trail forks can be confusing if it's your first time. Many different types of trees and plants are labeled and there's a nice view across the marsh. Went in late December with my friend, not too many people. Just don't be there too late, the gates close by themselves at 5pm

Amazing for wildlife! No dogs allowed.

this was a great hike

My last review didn't save my stars.

Had fun, kids loved it. Someone must of left a rock treasure hunt, the kids found about 4 painted rocks. All of them were painted and hidden under leaves.

Lots of fun! Super easy. Kids loved it too.

We loved the herons and osprey. If you have binoculars and a telephoto lens, bring them.

Monday, August 08, 2016

Monday, August 08, 2016

The blackberries were yummy. The cedar plank long house was amazing. I wish it had been open to go inside. The Garry oaks were very mature and just lovely. But we also saw Doug Fir and many other species. Sandhill Cranes. Duck Potato in the pond. Animal tracks in the mud. Great for small children and all ages.

Monday, August 01, 2016

This is a fantastic trail, and an even better place to go birding. So many different habitats crammed in such a small place. I will definitely return.