Reflection Lake to Narada Falls

Reflection Lake to Narada Falls is a 3.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Paradise Inn, Washington that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and nature trips and is accessible year-round.

Forest trail that follows a stream with lots of waterfalls.

Beautiful Hike today

was an amazing day of adventure. Trails were clear and scenic in every view. Really Loved It.

Started at Reflection Lake to Narada Falls. Nice hike, ascends and descends both ways. Lots of bugs so bring some bug spray. There was a small patch of snow near Ruby Falls that kids were able to play in. Park is very crowded especially at Henry M Jackson Visitor center....waited an hour to get in park...got to entrance at 11am. This is a nice option for a family hike that is further from the crowds..took us about 3 hrs to 4 hrs...but we stopped and enjoyed the views and took breaks for the kids.

First of all, it’s a moderate trail, Mt. Rainier has it listed that way as well. Started at reflection lake and hiked 5 miles total in and out to Narada Falls gained 1013 ft elevation beautiful views. On the path to Narada falls you do cross two roads so be careful, but after every road there is a mini fall worth checking out. FYI you can drive to both reflection lake and Narada falls as well. Take plenty of bug spray and water.

We did a loop from Narmada Falls to Reflection Lakes and then hit part of the Wonderland trail. Beautiful day, wonderful hike.

Beautiful trail but full of mosquitoes. I took my daughters (6 and 8) but we only made it half way and had to turn around because of the mosquitoes swarming us nonstop. I counted 15 bites just on me! We had bug repellent too, but should have invested in stronger stuff.

Highlights:
-Hiked it on the 14th: weather and views were beautiful. Wore shorts and running shoes.
-Took my kids with me, the youngest hiker being 3. We had no issues hiking the entire route.
-No snow on the trail, just a little mud where it had melted.

Downside:
The line into the Mt Rainier Park was long between 1200-1400. We waited an hour to get into the park.

Hiked on 7/1/18. First 100 yards or so had some snow but that was it for the entire trail. No issue at all.

A convenient trail connecting the Reflection Lake (and the start of the Pinnacle Saddle trail) with the Narada Falls. Not much of a hike in itself, more of a walk through a pleasant forest with a river but definitely preferable to driving between the two points. That said, there isn't that much between the Falls and the Lake, so don't expect any spectacular views along the way. Both the Falls and the Lake are definitely worth a visit though!

Great hike from Reflection Lake to the Falls. Trails are powder dirt, no worry of slipping on stones. Can NOT, I repeat can NOT, swim in Reflection Lake. $50 fine. Falls are beautiful and can soak your feet there. Recommend!

Best swimming hole I've seen and amazing waterfall views!

Saturday, July 08, 2017

Still a little to much snow by reflection lake to hit this trail without gps. We had an incredibly difficult time finding the trail head and since there isn't any cell service I was unable to download the map on site. Looking forward to trying this one a little later in the summer. Both reflection lake and Narada falls are beautiful. Narada is easy to access from the road so we still got to see the falls on our way back down the mountain. I'm sure the hike would have been awesome.

Monday, January 02, 2017

Great showshoeing trail. My wife and I had a blast! views were great. It was like a winter wonder land. The lakes were frozen....so no reflections :}

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Beautiful in the winter living up to the magic behind its name.

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Easy 5 mile hike down but remember what goes down must come up (or is it the other way around, lol. It's a very strenuous hike back up if your not in shape. I went the whole 10 miles in a little over 2 hours (P90X baby). I was short on time. Beautiful waterfall and river along the way. I will definitely do this again, great workout and not to crowded once you get about a mile into it.