Reflection Lake to Narada Falls

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(124)
Mount Rainier National Park

Reflection Lake to Narada Falls is a 3.6 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Paradise Inn, Washington that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and nature trips and is best used from April until November.

Distance: 3.6 miles Elevation Gain: 931 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Note: The road to Reflection Lake and the parking lot closes for the winter season. Parking lots are near the trailhead with restrooms.

bridge out
closed

Winter post: Road to reflection lake and parking lot closes for season. So in order to do this hike you must start from Narada Falls parking lot and back. You can take the road back once you reach reflection lake- but it will add time and likely won’t be plowed. It was a clear, sunny day at the end of February when we attempted this. I’d say there may have been 8+ feet of snow. Snow shoes and Trekking poles were a must in these conditions. There were a lot of snow bridges and didn’t have great reception so the trail was impossible to navigate. Unless starting early in the morning, this time of year, I would bring a headlamp along in case it takes longer than planned, that way you aren’t navigating the woods in the snow in the dark. Wonderland Trail is gorgeous! This hike is worth everything!

Started at Narada Falls on 1/2/20 - got by without snowshoes for the first mile or so, then transitioned to snowshoes which were definitely needed. Great hike - looking forward to doing it in the spring/summer!

Beautiful blue sky day. The trail is past the bathrooms on the left. We took the snow shoe trail down to the falls before we looked at our GPS and realized the trail to Reflection lake was the opposite direction. 2 hours round trip.

Awesome snowshoe. Lots of up hill but well worth it. What a beautiful blue bird day.

Road is closed

Great trail! Did it without spikes or snowshoes—but you definitely could have benefitted from them at point. Reflection Lake was beautiful!

Beautiful walk along the wonderland trail to see reflection lakes and MT Rainier !!

I'd say this trail was easier than moderate. Short and beautiful. The fall isn't tall, but it's neat.

Amazing!

Beautiful

Amazing hike, very easy. Great views less than a mile in. Amazing flowers. So many things to see and smell.

The hike has become my new favorite. Absolutely beautiful with several water falls and crystal clear river. Lots of uphill but that is what I enjoy. There was a full rainbow at the bottom of Narada Falls when we got there...so beautiful. Lots of people on the trail and at the falls. No bathrooms at Reflection Lake trail head but nice ones at the falls.

The hike was beautiful. I almost didn’t do it based on the review by H. Tran. I did this hike in early August, high summer with perfect weather. There were a few bugs but that was close to the lake and I did spray some insecticide, it was no big deal. About 1 mile in you get to see the origins of Narada Falls and it’s along the trail all the way to the falls, you have babbling brook background sounds along the way. There were wild flowers in the meadows all along the trail also. Nicely shaded. Just a few muddy areas closer to the falls that were easily navigated, I can see how that area might be really muddy after heavy rain or snow melt. I highly recommend this scenic trail in the summer.

There were a few bugs, but otherwise a pleasant hike. I sprayed insecticide and mostly the bugs were closer to the lake, no big deal. Beautiful day, about 1 mile in, the origins of Narada falls starts and it follows you the rest of the way to the falls - a babbling brook background:) Nicely shaded with greenery and wild flowers along the way. I went in early August and it was perfect weather.

We went to Narada then on to Reflection Lakes and back to Paradise. It was a challenge for me due to the elevation changes, but I’m kinda out of shape right now. Was a nice hike though. My Runtastic app had the elevation gain of 2,391. My husbands showed 1,408 gain. We’ll go w his! Lol And I showed 6.2 miles. So ya

This is actually the lower lakes trail starting out of Paradise just opposite the ranger station. Narada falls is an additional detour of 1.6 miles round trip. So this makes a total of approximately 6 miles. Over all in good condition, nice views occasionally. This has a mix of up and downhill stretches so it does not stress you out. The downside: bugs, bugs and lot of bugs. It gets annoying at times and u end up pushing yourself to finish the hike sooner than enjoying it. That’s probably one of the reasons for this being very lightly used.

Short but beautiful hike

YouTube.com/HaiTran for a video showing what the hike looks like and a video review. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6WxeTOUUo0 I hiked from Reflection Lake to Narada Falls via the Lower Lakes/Narada Falls trail then back to Reflection Lake via the Wonderland Trail. Overall, this is a hard hike to recommend. For the amount of effort required to get to the destinations, there is little payoff. To me, this hike is all about the destination, not about how you get there. There is little in between to look at so I just wanted it to be over. The hike to Narada Falls was much more enjoyable than the one back. That being said, it wasn’t all that special. There was only one real opening with a nice view of Mt. Rainier about a mile into the hike. From there it’s a lot of walking in dense forest. My favorite parts of this hike were from the .2 miles to Narada Falls trail sign. This sign happens to be directly next to a road with space to park. I almost want to recommend just parking and starting the hike here as all the views of the river and various waterfalls start here. The hike from Narada Falls to Reflections Lake was not enjoyable. The trail is often narrow with only enough space for one person at a time. I was constantly surrounded by trees and bush so again, there isn’t much to look at. It’s a straight uphill climb until you finish with the switchbacks. From there the ground levels out with some down hills. The trail even opens up a bit with some nice prairies. The only problem is that by the time this happens, you’re walking directly below/beside the road so you hear a lot of car noise. One thing that's confusing about this hike is the distance. AllTrails has Reflection Lake to Narada Falls as 3.6 miles and another 3 miles to get back. I recorded the entire trip on my AllTrails app and got a total of 4.1 miles for the loop. This is considering all the back and forth walking that I had to do to record for my hiking video. This means that the hike itself was likely less than 3.5 miles. Make what you will with this information. When I did this hike, although the park was busy there was really no one on the trail. I can definitely see why. Again, these trails are all about getting to the destinations: Narada Falls and Reflection Lake. The hike is not worth while. Unless you’re intentionally out to just get some exercise and not for the views, just drive to the destination. You’ll save a lot of time and energy. If you'd like to see more coverage of various hikes around Washington and the rest of the world, consider checking out my work whether it's through YouTube or my various other social media outlets!