Rattlesnake Mountain Trail

Rattlesnake Mountain Trail is a 11.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Snoqualmie, Washington that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Take exit 27 from I-90 and head south to the parking lot and trail head.

I really like this hike. Very quiet, peaceful, and go as far as you want. Do 2 miles to the first view, do 6 miles to an even better view, or do the whole 10 miles and soak in every bit of it.

Everything was open to East Peak but there are a few downed trees past the ridges. The first couple of miles can be crowded with trail-clogging tourists and families but the views on the cliffs are worth it!

2.5 stars. The final leg is still closed. Until that happens there is no payoff on this hike. It was challenging and great exercise with nothing to see. I will update the next time I return and I get to finish what is the point of the whole hike.

Good workout. Gain is my max as there are few places where the trail is flat. View at Grand Prospect. Logging has been going on around that area, so it's unclear if you can continue from there. Parts of the trail have overgrown vegetation, and since I don't know my poison ivy and oak from anything I tried to stay clear. You'll still get some sun, so load up on sunscreen.

Awesome trail! Not as hard as it's made out to be, I went up in February and could not even finish the hike because the snow at the top was so bad and had destroyed the trail. But amazing during the summer

Very fun day hike with good variation of scenery. Good and steady ascent but very long so stay well hydrated.

Moderately difficult, good ups and downs, rewarding view