Rattlesnake Ledge Trail

MODERATE 2,258 reviews

Rattlesnake Ledge Trail is a 5.1 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near North Bend, Washington that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

paved

Atop Rattlesnake Ridge great views of the surrounding mountains can be seen including Mount Si and Mount Washington. This is a very popular trail in the summer months. It is a short 30 minute drive from downtown Bellevue or under an hour away from Seattle. Not only does this trail provide you with great panoramic views from atop Rattlesnake Ridge but there is also a great park located down below. Many people come to the use the lake in the warmer months. There are no motored boats or fishing allowed on the lake which makes this place ideal for kayakers and swimmers alike. You can also find several connecting trails within the Rattlesnake Ridge parking area. At the end of the Rattlesnake Ridge trail you can continue on for a full day hike along the Ridge on the East Peak trail or complete the 10 mile trek to Snoqualmie. Additionally you can find the Snoqualmie Valley Trail just as you leave the parking area. This is a great trail if you are looking for a long hike or bike ride. The trail starts south of Rattlesnake Lake and continues up to Duval, over 35 miles of converted railroad to trail.

Went for an impromptu hike in November 2017. Very nice little hike. It's a very popular trail so it's generally very crowded.

Nice Sunday Hike!
Lots of people of friendly people!

Nice views overall. Scores high on access from the city; easy access also meant there were tons of people.

Compared to most hikes, this one is a bit boring and gets incredibly busy. Too busy. It’s like visiting an outdoor mall at Christmas. The view is nice, but there are better hikes with more to see and less people.

love ..easy hike loved the views

Great trail, Very crowded on weekends though.

Great starter trail. The view is epic. Love starts here.

Beautiful drive. Fun hike and pretty views!

Easy hike with great views. Saw chipmunks, various birds and even a mountain goat!

I went with my fiancé today and had an awesome time. We must have gotten lucky as we got there around 11am and only saw a handful of people. Definitely recommend doing this trail!

Beautiful view once at the top. It gets really crowded after 9am.

Great short hike with magnificent views! Only downside is that it is very crowded as most of the reviews have said.

Trail in good condition. Came on a Sunday, turned up at about 2:30pm and there was parking available. It's a simple hike, basically just switch-backs all the way to the top, but the views are absolutely incredible from the top.

Pros: Easy to get to (the freeway is 5 minutes from the trail head). Trail in good condition. Absolutely stunning views from the top.

Cons: Busy, so if you hike for solitude you won't find it here. Trail quite narrow so lots of stopping to let people pass. The hike itself up the hill is pretty nondescript, could be anywhere in the Cascades.

boring busy trail

My favorite views close to Seattle while out in PacNor. It’s not a hard trail as much as it is a decent distance and altitude - but views so worth it.

Great, easy, dog friendly hike. The view of the lake is beautiful, if you can tolerate the crowd. The trail is in excellent condition and there’s plenty of parking at the trailhead.

It’s a hard road throughout hiking. It was a challenging rather than enjoying the scenery nature offers like other hiking b/c up/ down hills hurt feet a lot. I felt I go through a hardship but resting and majestic scenery on the top after a long hard walking makes all of hardship worthy and grateful to survive from it and appreciate the beauty of nature!

Nice hike and a decent view. But I hope you enjoy sharing the trail.

great hike up. good workout. did it with my 12 yr old son. he only complained minimally. view is absolutely gorgeous. will be doing this one again.

It was such a pretty trail with an amazing view. There are some point where the trail is steep but it’s worth it when you see the views.

Have done this trail a few times. One of my favorite, “quick and easy” trails. Yesterday I went to hike it again with my brother when we spotted something about 25 ft down a switchback running into the brush. Back end looked like a cat. We had no issues but def be prepared, always!

This was my first “actual hike” I’ve done since moving to Washington, other than point defiance of local parks. It was amazing!! I went yesterday (September 6). I decided to hike it for sunrise..1) because less people and 2) I love sunrises!! It took my 40 minutes to get up. I was definitely not hydrated enough and wore way too many layers. I had to use my flashlight for most of it but it eventually stared getting light so I put it away. When I got to the top there were only 2 other people. Six others ended up coming up during sunrise. It was so so beautiful. On my way down, I took my time so I could actually enjoy the scenery. There were a lot more people going up at that time. It was around 8 or a little before. I headed over to the lake after. Highly recommended this hike! I will be doing another sunrise hike soon.

Steep at points with some loose gravel but incredible view at the top and almost entirely shaded. Can be quite crowded.

This is a great hike for people that are new to Seattle and new to hiking. Downside is that it is super crowded given its proximity to the city and it’s rating. It’s great for beginners because it helps you quickly realize the impact elevation has on a hike and it is not too far from civilization. I post photos of my hiking adventures on instagram under “adventuringKR”.

Hiked 5/28/18

The early bird hikes alone. Minutes make the difference on this trail, it's a popular place. Watch out for loose rocks on the trail, you can roll an ankle pretty easy if your not wearing good hiking shoes. This is a steep trail, I would recommend a different hike if this is going to be your first.

Very crowded but great views

Lots of people but still a very rewarding hike. Amazing views of Rattlesnake Lake from the ledge.

Beautiful views!

Great hike on a well maintained trail. It’s quite steep, but not impossibly so. Very busy, but everyone was friendly.

Terrific hike with a well groomed trail. Quite steep but wonderful view at the top. Although there were quite a few other hikers, everyone was pretty friendly. This is a great hike just for the view alone but hiking through the forest is pretty wonderful too. Loved it and would do it again!