Rattlesnake Ledge Trail

Rattlesnake Ledge Trail is a 5.1 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near North Bend, Washington that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 5.1 miles Elevation Gain: 1,469 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Atop Rattlesnake Ridge great views of the surrounding mountains can be seen including Mount Si and Mount Washington. This is a very popular trail in the summer months. It is a short 30 minute drive from downtown Bellevue or under an hour away from Seattle. Not only does this trail provide you with great panoramic views from atop Rattlesnake Ridge but there is also a great park located down below. Many people come to the use the lake in the warmer months. There are no motored boats or fishing allowed on the lake which makes this place ideal for kayakers and swimmers alike. You can also find several connecting trails within the Rattlesnake Ridge parking area. At the end of the Rattlesnake Ridge trail you can continue on for a full day hike along the Ridge on the East Peak trail or complete the 10 mile trek to Snoqualmie. Additionally you can find the Snoqualmie Valley Trail just as you leave the parking area. This is a great trail if you are looking for a long hike or bike ride. The trail starts south of Rattlesnake Lake and continues up to Duval, over 35 miles of converted railroad to trail.

Hiked Rattlesnake Ledge today (Friday early afternoon). Perfect 60-70 degree day. Busy, but not terribly. Steady uphill climb; nice work out. Very well maintained trail. Rocky up top but not difficult. Beautiful view of the lake far below. I will come back. Highly recommend for a weekday hike. GW

The last time I hiked this trail was about seven years ago. I was severely out of shape, and I remember a lot of stopping to work out leg cramps. Especially coming down. It was brutal. I vowed to never be out of shape again. After that contract with myself, I have managed to hike out to some pretty challenging trails without many problems. Today the weather was in the 60's, it was gently raining and the trail was pretty busy. I got an early start in an attempt to beat the crowd because this is a pretty popular hike. People were already coming down as I started my ascent up. The trail is well-groomed, lots to look at but limited to no visibility due to the overcast sky. Understandably so, as the rain clouds had moved in days ago. I tromped my way to the top where hoards of people lay strewn about at the summit. Everyone was snapping photos, visiting, laughing and cracking jokes at the zero views due to the clouds. There wasn't very much room to stretch out as the summit is only so big. As I sipped on water and ate some snacks, I noticed the Black-Capped Juncos and the Chipmunks were especially used to human interaction as they come right up begging for food. My descent was uneventful. I passed several people taking their time going down and made the parking lot within 40 minutes or so. There are several hikes in Washington State that I consider "social hikes" or "starter hikes" because they are very short and the elevation gain is just enough to challenge someone who doesn't hike a lot. Rattlesnake Ledge falls in that category for me. A few things I noticed: the wildlife is extremely comfortable with people which is not good. Feeding the wildlife people food is never a good thing because then they start to rely on us for food and what we feed them isn't exactly healthy for them, either. There were quite a few people going off the main trails onto "social trails" for pictures. It's always a good idea to stay on the trail so we don't erode the already sensitive environment. Lastly, there was some garbage and someone had carved "JB" into a tree. I'm surprised there wasn't more garbage as the sheer volume of people that hike this trail is very large. Please pick up after yourselves, pack out what you pack in and stay on the trails. And for dog owners, keep your dogs leashed up. All in all, it was a good hike. Thanks to all the WTA workers/volunteers for maintaining this trail.

This is a really nice intermediate hike but as others have already mentioned this place is a hot bed for jabronis taking pictures of themselves for Instagram or playing music loudly. Nice big parking lot with free parking and rewarding views at the top. I arrived at 10am on a Tuesday and it was reasonably busy but by the time I left at 1pm it was an absolute circus.

I went here in early July. It was a bit cold and windy at the lake near the parking lot but we warmed up as we went! The top was breath-taking, but crowded. I would imagine that this would be a great sunrise hike!

Awesome view

a lot of up hill, beautiful view.

Slightly rocky at the finish. Only downside is that it is popular. Great views from the first spot. A bit tough for our 6 year old (3 year old was carried in a backpack).

Great, easy hike in close proximity to the city. Go early to beat the Amazons. Expect those jabronis to be playing muzak on the trail.

Great trail but I wouldn’t recommend hiking with dogs on the weekend. Heavily trafficked

Too many people and tourists

Great for a days workout. Trail was crowded/heavily trafficked. I would recommend going early and on a week day. Beautiful at the time. Can be dangerous if not careful. This would be great for first Timers who are unsure about hiking alone.

Fun and pretty hike for beginners who are starting to get into hiking in the PNW. This is heavily trafficked during all parts of the day (at least in my experience). The view at the top is stunning. Great hike for taking your family and dogs to!

A relaxed little hike

loved it, very scenic, awesome experience

A couple switchbacks but the view was beautiful! The lake became such a pretty color looked at from above! The trail was very crowded though and lots of people at the top.

Greatest Hike Of All Time

A really nice, fairly easy hike for all groups. Be prepared for a fair amount of people. Enjoy the view at the top!

My first time on this trail and I enjoyed it! We started at around 2:00pm on a Friday afternoon. The parking lot was not full but definitely had a good number of vehicles already there. Definitely a lot of people on the trail but not too congested to enjoy the day.

Clouded in but still beautiful. Very spooky being on the ledge with clouds all around

Great view. Not too heavy. Super enjoyable.

Great little day trip!! Took my dog and he loved it there’s a beach at the beginning of the trail you can hang out at for a while... the hike isn’t bad at all the top has amazing views but if it’s crowded it can kinda kill the experience.

Went here last Saturday (8/3/19). We arrived at the trailhead by 6.30 am. The parking was not even a quarter full. Took 1.5-2 hours to reach on the top (we just started hiking). The views were breathtaking. Stayed up for a light snake and enjoyed the view. There were about 10-20 people up there. By the time we started our descent, the ledge started becoming more and more crowded. On our way down, there was a long line of hikers. When we reached back, we noticed that the entire parking lot and the street leading to the lot was also full. Get there super early to enjoy the views.

I would recommend this trail to anyone who is looking for a moderate trail to hike. It is perfect for family and dogs as it is not too long and fairly easy to get to the top, where a beautiful view is waiting for you. Make sure you start early in the morning to avoid the crowd. This trail gets overly crowded during weekends and becomes really difficult to enjoy. It is very well-maintained and accessible to anyone. Make sure you do bring proper hiking shoes and proper outfits as it is a hiking trail and not a flat walking trail. Enjoy!

So beautiful! I would definitely do it again.

Arrive early!! This trail gets very busy! Easy and beautiful hike!

I went on this trail on a Saturday and yeah, it was a lil crowded.. it is a well maintained trail with moderate difficulty level.. we did not go too fast and still it took about an 3 hours total time that includes the time we spent on the view point as well.. definitely recommend hike for anyone who is looking forward for something quick and to experience a decent view.. I would definitely go again here..

Beautiful hike with great views! This is my second time doing this hike, and it was a little more crowded then I remember it being before-I recommend getting to the trailhead early (before 7) to avoid heavy crowds of people and to find parking-there is a parking lot. Lots of switchbacks, but not a hard hike-I agree with it being listed as moderate. Some light rocks/rooting on the trail, and the pathway is wide. I would recommend this hike for anyone who wants a short hike, a good workout, and beautiful views!!