Rattlesnake Ledge Trail

Rattlesnake Ledge Trail is a 5.1 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near North Bend, Washington that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 5.1 miles Elevation Gain: 1,469 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Atop Rattlesnake Ridge great views of the surrounding mountains can be seen including Mount Si and Mount Washington. This is a very popular trail in the summer months. It is a short 30 minute drive from downtown Bellevue or under an hour away from Seattle. Not only does this trail provide you with great panoramic views from atop Rattlesnake Ridge but there is also a great park located down below. Many people come to the use the lake in the warmer months. There are no motored boats or fishing allowed on the lake which makes this place ideal for kayakers and swimmers alike. You can also find several connecting trails within the Rattlesnake Ridge parking area. At the end of the Rattlesnake Ridge trail you can continue on for a full day hike along the Ridge on the East Peak trail or complete the 10 mile trek to Snoqualmie. Additionally you can find the Snoqualmie Valley Trail just as you leave the parking area. This is a great trail if you are looking for a long hike or bike ride. The trail starts south of Rattlesnake Lake and continues up to Duval, over 35 miles of converted railroad to trail.

Great hike near Seattle. Gets very crowded though, so plan accordingly.

All I can say is wow! This hike is famous for its view, and I'll say it definitely doesn't disappoint. It's short on milage, but the elevation gain can be intense at times for someone who's out of shape like me. It's definitely doable but prepare to get your butt kicked. If you have the time, I highly recommend continuing up the trail to East Peak. There's two other peaks above Rattlesnake Ledge that offer the same breathtaking views, but with less of a crowd. With the trail continuing past Rattlesnake Ledge, we turned a 4 mile round trip hike into a 10 mile round trip. This hike is definitely popular for a reason.

My favorite evening hike!!! Been here more that 3 times now. I love to be at the top before sunset. The lake is gorgeous from the top at that time. It’s a beginner hike that is also dog friendly. A must do for someone who is in the Seattle area for a short period! Parking is abundant in the evening hours and toilets are ok.

A classic hike close to the city. beautiful views at the top. However it can be quite windy at the top and people have fell to their death due to carelessness.

Wonderful experience! It was cloudy so when we were at the peak all we could see was white. After sticking around for a bit the lake starts to show, but only for about 10 min. Otherwise it would be perfect. The trail isn't too difficult and I highly recommend this if you're looking to hike for the first time in WA. A helpful tip: Go when the weather isn't too cloudy. You'll anticipate for a better view. Also do take some time to hang around the lakefront. The views are also stunning there.

Great hike close to the city. Parking is easier the earlier in the day you arrive. Quick day hike and great way to introduce hiking to visitors.

Been here a few times. Good hike and nice view of lake on top. High traffic but plenty of parkings.

Did with my oldest daughter before she goes off to WSU. My first hike. Will be going back again soon.

Do not go on the weekend! Nice steady grade with a great view at the top. I was running and took just under an hour round trip with all of the forced stops due to how congested the trail was. Pretty and super well maintained, just kind of frustratingly busy on a nice Saturday afternoon. (My fault, I know!)

We hiked this beautiful trail last weekend, got there at 7AM and still saw quite a few people coming down/at the top. I would suggest not going past 7:30AM if you want to avoid crowds on the weekends. Saw a BLACK BEAR pretty close to the trail on the way up!! Pretty cool, be careful with you doggies.

This was a great hike. The trail was a nice steady grade with no big obstacles and the view at the top was amazing! It was pretty crowded but me and the group I was with had plenty of room to explore the top. Super kid and dog friendly

I enjoy this hike a lot despite the usual heavy traffic. I have done it several times with out of town friends and 64 yo dad. Has a decent incline for your seasonal everyday hiker and a great payoff. At the very top for the view, ridge is great for adults but might not bring small kids or dogs out there.

great place to hike!

Great shaded trail not far from town, well maintained, few bridges or water to cross but fabulous views at the ledge where one can have lunch then return to the trailhead. Manageable elevation gain makes it worthwhile 5 mile hike and still have time for other things in your life.

Wow. Just WOW! Got to trail head 8 am. This trail has it all. TOO MANY PEOPLE, poor trail edicate, toddlers attempting to walk, dogs off leash, boom boxes blaring, couple's holding hands (so sweet) taking up whole trail, others walking 2 person wide, folks not letting you pass by, dog poop in bags on side of trail. You get the picture. If this is what you call fun, by all means knock your socks off, go check out the awesome view from the ledge, then get the heck hiking up and away from the overly crowded ledge, crowds of people and into the peaceful forest of the Rattlesnake Mountain trail to Rattlesnake Mountain peak. You'll have to deal with the crowded trail again coming back down once at the ledge. Glad to say I've done the trail and can check it off the list, but won't be coming back. I'll do Rattlesnake Mountain trail from the other end.

Great trail but it is insanely crowded passed 8am on a weekend. The hike is uphill pretty much the entire way, but the views at the top make it worth the effort. I arrived at the parking lot around 6:15am and there was already a fairly decent amount of vehicles. I counted 406 people going up as I was going down around 8:30am. Go EARLY or during the week.

Being a beginner I have found this hike to be a bit challenging but do-able! There are some pretty decent inclines. I was out of breath almost the whole time so if I can do it, trust me anyone can. Can be crowded on weekends. I’ve also been during week days when it’s a little less crowded and I enjoyed it more. Great for dogs! Pretty views at basically any point. I bring my friends and family here when they visit and I think it’s great for showing Washington off!

Classic hike. Up up and switchbacks all the way. Always too crowded at the top for my liking.

Crowded but beautiful up top! Incline all the way but fairly easy with a clear trail. Nice reward at the top to just enjoy the view!

great view, very busy on weekend..

Always love this trail and it’s great for kids! They always have a blast and the scenes are breathtaking

the view at the top is okay. Not the best I've seen but for a short hike, it's worth it.

Great hike, incline the whole way up but definitely do-able. The view at the top is totally worth it. Extremely crowded ( went on a weekend day @ 9am).

The hike was excellent, especially with the nice rain, the nice lighting for pictures, and the nice people on the trail (yes even those we hiked with) and nice lighting for pictures. Great spot for pictures amongst the evergreens of Washington!! Make sure to bring your rain coat and don’t wear chacos.