Rattlesnake Ledge Trail

MODERATE 2,127 reviews

Rattlesnake Ledge Trail is a 5.1 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near North Bend, Washington that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

Atop Rattlesnake Ridge great views of the surrounding mountains can be seen including Mount Si and Mount Washington. This is a very popular trail in the summer months. It is a short 30 minute drive from downtown Bellevue or under an hour away from Seattle. Not only does this trail provide you with great panoramic views from atop Rattlesnake Ridge but there is also a great park located down below. Many people come to the use the lake in the warmer months. There are no motored boats or fishing allowed on the lake which makes this place ideal for kayakers and swimmers alike. You can also find several connecting trails within the Rattlesnake Ridge parking area. At the end of the Rattlesnake Ridge trail you can continue on for a full day hike along the Ridge on the East Peak trail or complete the 10 mile trek to Snoqualmie. Additionally you can find the Snoqualmie Valley Trail just as you leave the parking area. This is a great trail if you are looking for a long hike or bike ride. The trail starts south of Rattlesnake Lake and continues up to Duval, over 35 miles of converted railroad to trail.

So me, my gf, and a fellow couple we met off of IG, did this as a night hike. Legit the perfect night hike to do if you have never night hiked before. I say that because the trail is short 2.5 miles up, and is extremely wide and well maintained. We started at 4:45 Am and were to the top by 5:45 Am with about two stops for water. Just in time for sunrise, which is why we night hiked it in the first place. Be carful, the trail gets a little rocky towards the end, but other than that pretty safe. I was there yesterday and it is still very hazy and Smokey from the wild fires, but I appreciated the different perspective. Over all a great hike and would recommend to any hikers or beginner hikers. The views of the lake and every greens our our this world, and I’m saying that on a hazy day. So could you imagine a clear day ? I’ll deff be back.

Beautiful hike, smokey today from all the fires. Hikes up around 4:30am and were only accompanied by another couple and photographer for a wedding shoot. Lovely sunrise spot, the mist and clouds looked so beautiful rolling in through the mountains and evergreens. Lots of people hiking up on our way back down around 9a.m. On a Monday. Definitely a spot to get to early. Took us about an hour, hour and a half up.

Amazing views and a moderate hike. Would give 5 stars but the amount of people brings down the appeal a little bit. At 3pm on a Tuesday there were around 25 people at the top.

Been there on 2018/06/16 Saturday. Best hiking place. It is a package with nice lake at the base and very good views from the top. Very big parking lot. And nice picnic area at the lake. Good place for Kayaking in lake. Relatively near by and easily accessible from Issaquah and I-90.

Good short hike. Good elevation to get your body working. Very heavily trafficked. We reached at 8:45 am and parking was starting to get full, and while coming back there were even more people going up.
The view from the top is spectacular, only problem being the high number of people. Overall a good hike.

Pretty hike! Way too many people...

moderate hike worth the view at the top.
hiked it with my kids on a Saturday afternoon and it wasn't very busy (must have been a perfect time to go).
5 year old daughter did the trail easy up and back.
8 year old son complained the whole way (but he complains about everything).
spent time by the water after watching some hawks fish, one of them caught one. it was cool.

Nice climb up to a decent view. A popular place! Parking was okay, but the trail and viewpoint was crowded. Lots of dogs which partly made up for the lots of people. Still, a nice, moderate hike not far from the city.

Awesome view good work out!

Very crowded but good bang for your buck - quick out and back that can take less than 2 hours. Great view from the top!

Beautiful view when you get to the top. Definitely worth the hike.

I love this hike, but prefer to do it during the week (early) as it gets very, very busy! I never get tired of the view from the ledge.

Easy trail. Plenty of parking today at 930AM. Variety of hikers. Lots of people (as is the case with the influx of people to Seattle). Outstanding view.

Not scenic until you reach the top. Good hike and the view at the top is worth it, but there are much better hiking destinations in Washington.

Such a great hike with incredible views at the top!

HEAVY TRAFFIC!!! A lot of people on this hike and a lot of novice hikers so be cautious, but pretty easy accent couple steep switch backs but all in all took an hour up and an hour down at slow easy pace! Would recommend for dates or just a quick day hike.

Very beautiful view at the top!❤️

Easy hike with way too many people. The trail was swarming with people at 7:20am on a Wednesday morning.

This was my boyfriend & I’s first hike & it couldn’t have been more perfect. A moderate steep uphill hike to the beautiful breathtaking top! Some parts of the trail is tricky as this is mostly wooded & you are climbing over tree stumps and rocks- but for the most part- easy. The trail is roomy and clean. I TOTALLY recommend swimming in the lake after as it isn’t too crowded. A beautiful day hike and then a refreshing swim in the crystal clear river! Definitely doing this one again. ❤️

Awesome hike but it is very crowded and we hardly found parking spot. We came on Sunday.

Solid hike that was moderately difficult. Take breaks if you need to pace yourself but otherwise this isn’t a very challenging hike for some solid views that make it worthwhile.

Awesome hike, Awesome views of the lake. I will definitely come again!

Great hike and awesome views. A bit rocky in places so make sure you have good footwear. Dropping one star because it was so popular and very busy (but, we went at about 1pm). There’s a lake nearby that’s awesome. Again, it’s really busy so get there early because parking fills up fast!

Because it’s an easy hike, it’s very crowded. I was there at 7:00 AM and there was a good amount of people on trail.

Went there during the week after work, it’s an easy hike but was too crowded

One of my favorite hikes. Hiked it two years ago and had to stop often. Now I’m more in shape it’s a lot easier. Good for first time hikers. The view is amazing. Be careful of the cliff some kid sadly passed away from falling off of it.

One of the best view I’ve seen once you reach the top, it’s worth every incline and steps you take.

Awesome views! One of my favorite hikes in WA!

Beautiful views!