Rat Trap Pass is a 15.7 mile out and back trail located near Darrington, Washington that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 15.7 miles Elevation Gain: 2,949 feet Route Type: Out & Back

ohv / off road driving

Easy, easy, easy. It’s just a well maintained Forrest road. Nice waterfall midpoint. Washouts were all repaired.

Sat Jan 19 2019

Came in from the south side. Snowline was around 2800 and that's where we parked. Road is fine all the way up and over the pass. About 3 ft of snow at the pass. Turned around on the north side where the creek from Chucks Lake crosses the road - snow was starting to thin there. Would I go again? Probably not. We saw a couple of 'good ol' boys' in 4-wheel drives, and that's the last thing I want to see snowshoeing, but I guess that's to be expected since it was an open forest road. At least we didn't encounter any of those obnoxious snowmobiles.

Mon Dec 10 2018

the trail has been fixed and is now open the whole way through!!

Sun Mar 18 2018

Only could get a few miles down the road from mtn loop till I found the road blocked off due to a washout

Sun Sep 24 2017

The pass is now closed (blocked by concrete K rail) to 4 wheeling due to numerous washouts.

Tue Jul 26 2016