Rachel Lake Trail

Rachel Lake Trail is a 6.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Easton, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

1919 feet

rock climbing

Very beautiful views, very very difficult In the snow

Oct 8. Road is good. Trail is good. Little snow at lake today but that will change in a week or so. Last mile is tough but not too hard.

The hikes first 2 miles are pretty easy but it's not until the last 1.5 where all the incline is. It was challenging for me but well worth it when we finally reached the lake. If it wasn't so cold, I would have happily jumped in. We decided after some rest, to continue on the additional mile or so to rampart lakes. That was amazing! If you have the energy for it, I'd go and enjoy the colorful fall colors already setting in and seeing the additional little lakes.

Wonderful trail! It can be a challenge with a overnight pack (especially the last half, as it's a bit steep) but great hike. Best to do during the week as weekends can get quite busy at the lake.

Beautiful views...you can see trouts jumping out of the water feeding:)...the trail is hard to follow,many rocks and tree roots going up.Recommend to wear hiking boots,as far as mosquitoes ...it's tolerable ...the Trouts are eating them while you enjoy the views and lunch.⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

This is an absolute butt kicker but totally worth it. You meander for about 2.5 miles through the beautiful valley along creeks and through wild plants and flowers. The bugs are INSANE so bring bug spray!! I'd highly recommend poles for both up and down. Lots of giant boulders and tree roots. Plenty of stunning views along the way and the Lake is beautiful too. If you go a little further up you can get a birds eye view of the trail. Still some patches of snow (7/20/17) along bits of the Lake. Great hike all in all. I think this is one and done for me.

This trail really kicked my proverbial rear end. Boyfriend misread the elevation lines on the map, told me it was a 500 ft elevation gain hike, which turned out to be about a quarter of the actual. The trail starts with a bit of an incline, then is largely flat until the end, which is straight uphill, through parts of trail that look more like streams than trails, over dangerous slippery rock faces, over snow, and ultimately to the lake. When we went (June 24) the end of the trail was indecipherable under several feet of snow, and everyone just made their own way up past a certain point. Many people seemed lost and took quite a while to make it to the lake. Once we made it up there, however, we were handsomely rewarded with chilly, refreshing water, and gorgeous views. Would definitely recommend to others, though note to dog owners that we saw a dog almost slip and fall to its demise over a slippery rock face - we were thankful ours was leashed to us - strongly recommend a leash for this hike, given the numerous dangerous parts that come up quite quickly.

So beautiful! Hiked last fall and definitely want to backpack there is summer :)

We tried this trail about 2 weeks ago and were not able to make it. There weren't enough signs to make it to the lake before sundown (started around 3pm), so we had to back out and camp closer to Lake Kachess.

We assumed from such a hard winter it wouldn't be possible to get to the lake (with out extra time and patience) for maybe another month or so.

**Update 6/25/17** A week of warm weather did the trail good and we made it! Lots of water crossings but the majority of snow pack making the trail difficult to follow has melted. Be prepared to get your feet wet. Bring a pack towel and Chacos or water shoes if you can swing it. The trail will dry up soon but currently it is very wet and wild. We'd also advise bringing a water filter or extra water in your pack. The final push to the lake quickly emptied our water supply. Also my GPS tracked to the lake and back at 8 miles round trip.**

We did not make it to Rachel Lake but still had a great time. FR 4930 is clear of snow and debris, but watch out for numerous pot holes -- a sedan can pass through without clearance issues. The trail is currently very muddy with snow melt and there are several snow fields that make the trail difficult to follow. Identifying cut logs ahead and recording our trip helped us stay on route. There are also several minor creek crossings throughout. At around the 3 mile mark we were unable to pass a major creek crossing without taking off boots and wadding through. We decided to turn around and return at a later date with water shoes for the crossing and a towel to dry off on the other side.

Thursday, September 29, 2016

Got really steep at the last mile.
The bugs were so bad that my friend and I turned around with only maybe five more minutes to the lake.

10/14/17. We were the first on the trail and it was covered in snow. Towards the top, we were trekking through about a foot and a half of snow. I would not have been able to do this by myself or if there weren't experienced hikers leading the way. On the other hand, the trees and lake were absolutely stunning in the snow.