Rachel and Rampart Lakes Trail

Rachel and Rampart Lakes Trail is a 8.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Cle Elum, Washington that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from July until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

From Seattle, E on I-90 to exit 62. Left onto Kachess Lake Rd for 5.5 miles. Right on FSR 4930 for 3.5 miles to trailhead at end of road.

I agree with the other reviews. Beautiful, difficult, bug repellant is a must, force yourself to go the extra mile+ to the Rampart lakes, hiking poles would have been very helpful, especially on the way down (big, steep steps, rocky and or roots).
We went on a Monday and had a couple lakes to ourselves and shared the others with only 2-4 people. So tranquil and awesome. I love waterfalls and wildflowers and they were everywhere! Also, yes, its cold but you have to swim in one of the lakes.

Very challenging trail in the snow, make sure you have adequate dry clothing and warm clothing, especially when staying over night. A beautiful destination, the elevation gain was very intense for a beginning backpacker

I stupidly hiked alone to Rampart Lakes with a bikini in my backpack and got lost in deep snow one July. Not my proudest moment, but fortunately I had standard extra food, water, layers! I also find the trail up to even Rachel Lake to be very unpleasant. Everything up there is gorgeous though and somehow people brought tons of kids both times I passed Rachel Lake - which seems like a fun, place to camp and swim. I would't recommend going alone to anyone, and of course, don't be stupid like I was that day. :-/ This trail also put my bug spray to the test!

Mostly want to leave his review for those hesitant to head out to this hike with the wildfires in the area. Was only hazy for about an hour or so and then it cleared up, leaving us with phenomenal views. Forgot how much I loved this hike- well worth the last mile climb to the top!

Fun trail run until half way, where there are a ton of roots and rocks which make you slow down not to trip.

Lake is beautiful and able to swim.

Would be an awesome place to camp.

Went on Saturday 22nd July, 2017.
1) No proper restrooms, so go light on the fluids.
2) A bug spray is a must, this trail offers a packaged-deal of all sorts of bugs.
3) Poorly marked ( actually I don't think I saw any markings apart from the Trai-> mark once you reach the lake )
4) Parking requires a $5 bucks so carry cash and a pen.
5) 3-4 little creeks on the way so water proof shoes would help.
6) The trail is pretty flat and do-able the last mile gets a bit steep.
7) The views are splendid both on the way and the lake.
8) It's moderately trafficked which actually helped a lot due to the poor trail marking.

Very, very beautiful! Went on a Thursday's early afternoon and it was mildly crowded.
-Expect to share the top with a visible amount of people.
-Can't recommend bringing a map strongly enough! If it doesn't look like the trail, it probably is!
-The road in has an amazing amount of potholes. It's like an exploded mine field. Cars without good suspension systems will move very slowly and suffer.

Really beautiful but really aggressive mosquitos caused us to cut our trip short.
Keep your head up on the trail; we got off trail a few times.