Quinault Rain Forest Nature Trail

easyYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(166)
Olympic National Park

Quinault Rain Forest Nature Trail is a 0.9 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Quinault, Washington that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October.

Distance: 0.9 miles Elevation Gain: 111 feet Route Type: Loop

Directions from Amanda Park: Turn off of Highway 101 to the east just south of Amanda Park (north of Neilton). Continue for about 1.4 miles on South Shore Road to the Nature Trail parking lot.

My kids loved it! Lots of cool sights and info along the way. Perfect little trail for young kids.

Wonderful hike through a magnificent rainforest with interpretive signs along the way.

Great family friendly trail

Great, quick and easy trail. Graveled but some mud here and there. Huge tree was down on the trail but is cleared now. Good for getting a look at the Rainforest without spending much time. took me about an hour.

flooded

Short and sweet! Beautiful views of the forest. A bit muddy & flooded.

Great old growth trees

Nicely marked. Simple trail. Easy

Lovely day at the loop! We didn’t see anything that says no dogs.

Very easy hike with giant old growth trees in abundance. Informative nature signage along the trail. For all hiking abilities. Total hiking time about 30 minutes. Hiked Saturday July 20, 2019. Also hiked along picturesque Quinault Lake for about 1.5 miles, from Nature Trail trailhead to Quinault Ranger Station and back (3 miles total)..

The trees fascinate me!

Beautiful little trail. Great to do with kids, though a couple of ours went off the trail and got stung by wasps!

Great! Pretty easy! Amazing views! Pretty shady!

Stopped off here to get a short hike done before continuing our drive from Olympia to Ruby Beach. This fit the bill nicely. Great place for a hike and a sandwich. Amazing beauty.

Sat May 04 2019

first time in Washington. beautiful, stunning, surreal

Tue Apr 09 2019

Trail is in very good condition, trilluim are blooming in large numbers, and ferns are just unfolding. The trail is wet but not muddy. This is a very easy, simple family walk, good for those with small children (keep them in hand, there are steep drop offs with minimal fencing) or those with mobility issues. It's a good short walk to stretch your legs during a long car trip. Watch for the turnoff to return to the parking lot. If you're hiking clockwise, a right turn takes you back to the parking lot, a left turn takes you to a longer loop trail. There is a more challenging loop for those who want a longer, slightly more challenging experience. At the turnoff to the parking lot, take the left turn, which leads to the Quinault Loop Trail.

Fri Mar 29 2019

beautiful easy hike that showcases the temperate rainforest. other trails shoot off from the rainforest trail. very easy to follow

Wed Nov 14 2018

Did this first thing in the morning so it was very quiet and secluded. Informative signage explaining how the rain forest worked and why it was there.

Wed Sep 19 2018

Came here on 09/10 in the afternoon. Lots of people in the parking lot but once on the trail we didn’t run into people too often. Hoh Rainforest was closed (I was devastated) so we came here needing to see some sort of rainforest. I guess I just don’t know what I’m missing but this short hike was amazing. There are giant old growth trees everywhere and the rainforest climate is just fascinating. You actually can feel how everything is just living and breathing. We started to do the larger loop but it sort of left what we were loving about the hike ( turned into just a regular flat trail with not a lot of character) so we turned back and finished the small loop instead.

Mon Sep 17 2018

Beautiful part of a bigger loop. Lush rainforest is magical to behold.

Tue Sep 04 2018

This beautiful, easy trail was a great introduction for my family to the Olympics. We visited in late July and found a dry trail with lush green rain forest in every direction.

Tue Aug 28 2018

Great easy trail as a warm up and to learn about all the local nature via posted signs.

Mon Jul 02 2018

I’ve grown up here in WA my whole life and they took us out here on a field trip back when I was in 2nd grade. I’ve seen this place many times but it never gets old! Great for all ages, beautiful trail and well maintained! My daughter loves it!

Wed Jun 20 2018

very beautiful trail, well maintained.

Mon May 28 2018

Really pretty and a nice introduction to the vegetation in the area. Definitely accessible for all skill levels, just intended to give you a peek into what the forest has to offer.

Mon May 21 2018

easy and beautiful.

Mon May 14 2018

Nice short loop near the famous Quinault Lodge, featuring the "World's Largest Spruce Tree." Nice area, nice lodge, great for kids.

Tue May 01 2018

Really gorgeous! Great for our kiddo too.