Quinault Loop Trail

Quinault Loop Trail is a 3.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Quinault, Washington that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

From Forks, south on U.S. 101 to South Shore Road. Turn left and drive 1.5 miles to the trailhead on the right side of the road.

didn't do this exact trail and cheated a bit. Went north of the trail over the bridge is quick access to the falls. smarter not harter

Great trail! My 5 year old and pregnant wife had no problems and loved the views.

Loved this trail. Only downfall was that the trail part along the lake was flooded in multiple spots and we couldn't walk it. You can't go in sneakers as the trail is muddy and softened by the rainfall. I will do this trail again for sure!

Ran this loop and it was great! Beautiful trail through rainforest.

Beautiful trail with beautiful views!

Went on a quiet day with wife and dog. Great trail, well maintained and easy for everyone while you still feel you're far away in the middle of nowhere.

Beautiful hike through the forest with small waterfalls and streams. The trail passes through the front of the lake for the last mile or so if you're coming from the campgrounds.

I really enjoyed this trail. I love all the huge trees, streams and bridges, lake path, even through camp grounds. Good time with my family, pretty easy hike, so we weren't winded and talked the whole way. I really wish some jerk hadn't gone through and erased portions of every map.

Beautiful

Loves this loop!

Great 2 hour hike with 4,8,10 year olds. Lake view, 3 waterfalls and the largest spruce tree en route

Awesome hike for the whole family! Our 4-yr-old daughter walked maybe 3/4 of the trail! The rest of the way she was on my shoulders. My 8 yr old was on his feet the whole time with minimal complaining of broken and dying legs. The wife and I thoroughly enjoyed this trail! Oh yeah I forgot to mention, this adventure is well worth it to witness the old growth cedars and firs that are alive and well in this forest.

I wasn't expecting much out of this trail but it's a really fun and diverse trail, especially for how short it is. You walk through beautiful forest with old growth trees and mosses, a creek with some waterfalls, and the lake as well. The whole trail system is tied in with the community so you're close to a lot of amenities but still feel like you're away from everyone.

Great day. Very nice trail.

Friday, June 02, 2017

Nice little trails for younger kids. My 6 and 4 year olds loved the waterfalls and the bridges.

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Part of trail next to lake was flooded (just west of the Quinalt Lodge). This forced us to walk along the highway until we reached the campground (about .4 miles). Otherwise a great hike.

Friday, April 14, 2017

Very easy and beautiful trail. Took us about 2 hours (mostly slow walk).

Thursday, September 01, 2016

Beautiful hike. Inclines are a bit harder but most of the loop is perfect for the novice hikers like me.

Saturday, August 13, 2016

Great morning hike. Rainforest portion has a self guided tour too!

Friday, August 12, 2016

Nice loop trail in the old rainforest. The guide said 4 miles but we walked closer to 5.1. Granted we took the Gatton trail to start--the ranger suggest this was a better route. ...I guess it added more distance than I expected. Still we really enjoyed this walk through the rainforest. The 5 year old did great but he was starting to drag a bit by the end.

Thursday, June 02, 2016

As of June 2, 2016, South Shore Road is washed out 2.6 miles from the East Fork trailhead. This has cut off access to the Graves Creek Campground by vehicles, so plan accordingly. A temporary parking lane has been established along South Shore Road south of the road closure.

Thursday, June 02, 2016

Great 1.5 hrs of hiking not too strenuous with tons of berries along the way!

Sunday, May 15, 2016

We really enjoyed this trail. It featured a lot of big trees and plenty of green. My wife did this trail six months pregnant so it was not difficult.

Saturday, April 23, 2016

We took the portion of the trail from the Lake Quinault lodge to the Rainforest Loop trail. Beautiful views of the lake and a pretty waterfall.

Friday, March 25, 2016

We started this hike from the roadside. It went from forest, to stream, to waterfall, to bog, and then back to forest with the stream running beside. it ended with a walk along the lake. We really enjoyed this hike even with the down trees and drift wood covered trails. It was just after a big wind storm so we didn't mind the extra steps to get around. We actually came across some of the park rangers starting the clean up the trail. We had a dog with us and she was going crazy with all the smells.

Monday, April 27, 2015

Nice and easy hike. I drove a good distance to do it I wouldn't say it was worth the drive as everything in Washington looks the same. Something to do if you plan to stay a weekend and check out more trails in the area.

Thursday, April 09, 2015

I took this journey with 7 others all the way to the Enchanted Valley and back. Started about Thursday afternoon and made it back to the car around noon on Sunday. A lot of trees were down and blocking the trail so we had to get creative and be careful to make it through. We did pass quite a few people. Not much wildlife though, quite possibly due to the size of our group. Beautiful pictures, got very cold at night but warmed up due to the effort going uphill! May never do this trail again but I now have the hiking/backpacking bug due to this eye opening experience and intend to pursue a healthier life!

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Definitely a great hike. You can take the North rd around the lake and find other great spots to hike. Can't wait to make it to the North Olympics!!

Sunday, April 06, 2014

This was a beautiful, albeit wet early spring hike. Most people seem to start at the lodge and head uphill, toward the waterfall, but I was interested in photographing the lake in the fog, so I headed in the other direction. The trail down to the lake is incredibly easy, bordered on shoreline by the lodge's cottages. In the fog/mist, the swimming docks make for great, minimalist Michael Kenna-type subjects. At the end of the lakeside portion of the trail, there is a 300 foot rise up past a series of waterfalls to the cedar bog. This back end of the trail isn't as photogenic, but is a good workout.

Saturday, March 22, 2014

A very cool hike into an old growth temporate rainforest. Definitely bring your camara and take your time. Its a very cool hiking experience.