Pyramid Lake Trail

Pyramid Lake Trail is a 3.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Marblemount, Washington that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

old growth

Directions from Newhalem: Travel east along Highway 20 to mile marker 127.5. Park in a pullout on the northern side of the road and walk south across the highway to the trailhead.

Great hike to stretch the legs on a long drive. The first mile was great with some good elevation gain. Getting to the lake I was some what disappointed, everyone raves about this hike. I hike to alot of alpine lakes an I give this one a 3 out of 10. Overall nice hike. If it's a hot day, definitely take a dip.!

Hike is really beautiful, steady climb nice and shaded, lake is ok. nice quick hike

The hike there is definitely the best part. And if you climb to the top of the ridge the view is amazing

a good climb! The old growth timber was awesome!

Friday, January 29, 2016

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

I went on it yesterday by myself and it's changed since I last went on it about 4yrs ago. Looks like a fire came through some parts of it buts it looks as though it's been recovering just fine. There's also a few small trees down that are in the way of the trail that are at about waist height. I started at 6pm and got to the lake about 40mins later. When I got up there I decided to climb a bit since I brought my rock climbing shoes. Pretty fun time climbing, taking pictures and I rolled a few boulders down one of the cliffs for a laugh before I went back down. The water was clear and it was really peaceful up there. It would've been cool to go to colonial peak but since I only got to the lake a little before 7pm and I hadn't been there before it wasn't an option to go there especially by myself. I'm definatly going back and next time I'll be sure to go to the peak.