Puyallup Riverwalk Trail

Puyallup Riverwalk Trail is a 8.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Puyallup, Washington that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

I seek out greenways like this all over the US and Canada when I travel for work hoping for a place to run without having to dodge distracted drivers. I would give this trail a five on a scale of one to ten. It's relatively clean and well maintained but as several other reviewers noted, there are always a few frightening people along the way and there are some homeless people living along the fringes. There has been a different stealth camper in the parking lot every morning when I arrive. I have run it three times in the early morning without incident but I wouldn't recommend it after dark of for a woman alone. A police bike patrol would solve this shortcoming.

All in all, it's a good trail for a run when you're short on time but it's not a destination.

Great views of the river! Trees line up the trail so even if its a hot day, you got shade! Sometimes i run into creepy people, so always be alert. Have not seen homeless people along the way which is good!

Sunday, September 10, 2017

If you are a female and by yourself: do not come here. It is creepy. Even during the daytime on a Saturday. There's one thing to be amongst weirdos and the homeless-which is fine. But when two men watch and wait for you...not fun. Just don't do it. And if you brave it-well be prepared to see some folks that are probably up to no good. I won't be coming back here.

Friday, February 17, 2017

we love the trail the only drawback to it is the large number of homeless people living along the river this creates a very uncomfortable situation for my wife and her friends as they are unable to use the trail without a male escort.

Saturday, November 05, 2016

Great 2 mile walk. About half way through I wanted to check the distance and found that I had forgot to tap record. While using All Trails I also use S Health to track activity and other exercise so at least I got it recorded there.

Thursday, November 03, 2016

Great walk. Cool, rainy and had the trail all to myself.

Monday, July 25, 2016

Pleasant walk in the early morning. Paved and flat the entire way. Nothing special, but good for dog walking :)

Thursday, July 21, 2016

It was just okay. I was a little creeped out by some of the people on the trail, it didn't feel safe being by myself.

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

The directions that were given on this site were incorrect. The entrance to the trail is at Mama Stortini's restaurant. Nice walk along the river and even a sandy beach!

Sunday, July 10, 2016

This was a good stroll for a work out but not for sightseeing.

Monday, June 20, 2016

If you are looking for a hike with nice views, don't come here. You can't even see the river for most of the trail.

Sunday, June 05, 2016

Nice walk next to the river. Great to do on a hot day.

Sunday, May 01, 2016

the trails weren't that difficult just riding through traffic... they need better signs...

Friday, October 30, 2015

I am new to the area so I am trying whatever local trails I can , so on days that I am short on time and can't make it out to a state park, I have at least a few trails I can spend some time on. This is a trail I WILL NOT do again. If you are looking for a workout only, this will be an ok trail but it runs behind buildings and is very loud from traffic and people working at the commercial buildings. I also did not feel 100% safe with my small dog.

Monday, August 24, 2015

This is a great "walk" rather than "hike". Beautiful trees. We found 5 geocaches along the way.

Thursday, June 04, 2015

This was a beautiful walk and it can be much longer if you read the signs posted along it. It follows the puyallup river the entire time and generally there are people also using it for exercise. Unfortunately if you stray from the path a bit you might run into some homeless people, and sometimes those homeless people are intoxicated. As a woman with just a small dog for company I recommend that you don't wear anything flashy like a nice watch or bring a designer purse with you on this walk. Only due to the many times I was approached very awkwardly by the homeless and while mostly it was to ask for food or money there were a couple that noted I had a "nice" 50$ watch on while I was running my dog and a leather side satchel. So stick to the path and you're generally fine.

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Great Bike trail for summer and great in the fall for seeing trees turn colors.

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Beautiful Fall walk. A must do.

Saturday, August 30, 2014

A great road bike trail. Now that it has been connected to the Foothills Trail it is even better!

Wednesday, August 07, 2013

I rode this trail 3x trying to waste time while my car was at the shop. It's very well used, mostly by fishermen. There must've been 200 on the river this morning. Terrible signage. It took me three tries to figure out where I'd accessed the trail. Weird.

Friday, July 05, 2013

Nice, level, non-motorized paved trail. Pretty scenery for the most part, but heavily used and sadly, heavily-littered. Small section requires use of city roads and trail signs will likely confuse you- download the map provided on the puyallup city site.

recorded family biking