Putvin Trail

Putvin Trail is a 6.3 mile out and back trail located near Lilliwaup, Washington that offers scenic views and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from June until November.

From Hoodsport, 14 miles north on U.S. 101 to Forest Service Road 25. Turn left and drive 12 miles to the Putvin Historical Marker. The trail is on the right side of the road.

Much harder than I expected. Be prepared for a very steep climb, but the views will make it all worth it. Even with a bit of smoke in the air from the fires I couldn't imagine better views. Chiming in with everyone else on here the hike is longer than it states above. We measured the length and for us it came out a little over 10 miles. Keep an eye out for mountain goats around the lake at the end. And last of all least go left after the first lake you see, not right.

Sunday, September 04, 2016

It's a hard climb but the reward is worth it I recommend a life straw or a water filter of some sort to enjoy the stream water

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Saturday, March 15, 2014

A friend of mine and myself were camping on the stream near the trail head and decided to hike it the next day and to our surprise it was a fantastic hike! Extremely steep in sections! Absolutely beautiful views once out of the trees.