Puget Park Trail

Puget Park Trail is a 1.2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Tacoma, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

In no way easy! I would rate this trail moderate. Quite a few stairs and elevation change. Note: most of the trail is NOT wheel chair or stroller accessible. Great trail otherwise. Waterfront dining or drinks are a nice incentive to complete the trail.

The trail its self is cool… What made this trail awesome was that there was a sign that said “treasure hunt” at the beginning of the trail. Once we started, there were toys hidden throughout the entire trail which made it a blast for my son. This was one of the funnest trails because of the random treasure hunt that we found. I don’t know if this is always here… But because it was, it made it one of the most enjoyable trails my son and I have been on.

I didn’t know this hike had a name. I always called it “the gulch”. It’s part of my 4 mile loop run that leads out to commencement bay. I do sprint this mile because When female and running alone it can be kinda eerie at dusk; it would seem like a easy place for transients or other mischievous people to hang out. But cool (temp) and nice scenery. If you take it up past the steps that lead to Proctor, it will spit you out on Mason and 35th, I believe.

Watch out for leptospirosis!!!
This is the only place I allowed my dog to drink fresh water from a creek before she came down with acute renal failure and spent 4 days in the ICU. DO NOT LET DOGS DRINK THE WATER IN THE CREEK OR THE PUDDLES THERE!

Love walking dogs through here

Saturday, January 28, 2017

Good hike for young kids but not much to see

Monday, October 24, 2016

nice quick hike with a great leg work-out

Monday, September 05, 2016

It's a nice break from our usual trails, and it leads down to Ruston Way. If your looking for really rustic trails, with animals, waterfalls, and captivating scenery...this isn't the trail for you. My 2 yr old enjoyed it, but parts were challenging for him. It was a bit of challenge going back. I left the wife and kid down, ran up and got the car. Parts were stinky. I'd probably bring the kid carrier next time for the trip back up!

Friday, July 29, 2016

stinky!

Sunday, July 17, 2016

A challenging hike back up

Sunday, June 12, 2016

very easy.

Tuesday, April 05, 2016

Quiet, a nice hidden spot from the more popular Ruston water way.

Thursday, February 25, 2016

Fun trail for my four year old and I. We extended our hike a by continuing down the Tacoma waterfront. My only complaint is the dog waste left in the middle of the trail. A number of lazy individuals contributed..watch your step on the stairs!

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Fun trail for little kiddos (2 and almost 4). Lots to look at.

Saturday, February 14, 2015

Love this trail. . easy walk to the water and to explore

Thursday, September 04, 2014

This trail is nice for more of a walk than a hike, when i went i was expecting a hike, this is a gravel loop that is flat for the most part the whole way. It is in a forest area however so it is a nice half step between walking and hiking, it is a good place to bring kids and dogs, it is also a nice place to picnic once you reach the lake after your walk. This is a nice trail there has just been construction finished on it but just be prepared to walk and not hike!

Wednesday, July 05, 2017