Pratt Lake Trail

Pratt Lake Trail is a 11 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near North Bend, Washington that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

From Seattle, E on I-90 to exit 47. Left off the freeway. Left at T in road for .5 miles to trailhead

Your socks will get wet. Tons of streams on the way. A few waterfall streams that have slippery rocks. Hike felt like 12-13 miles.

Great trail, it's more like 14 miles out and back. There are a few technical sections of rock fields which were difficult for our dog. It was very secluded; literally no one else was using that trail. Other groups were headed to Granite mountain. Weather was interesting, 40 degrees and raining, which was fine in the woods but once we got into the river basin there isn't much coverage. I can't wait to go back and stay the night in those super cool camp sites along the far side of Pratt Lake.

9/27/2017 (Wednesday) - Sunny day with cool wind, clear view, 60-70F. For me, this is a trail with the best conditions in the I-90 corridor, broad, smooth, moderate to gentle grade, not many rocky and rooty sections. It's a "thoroughfare" leading to all major trailheads on the northern sides of I-90 and to the southern side of the Middle Fork Snoqualmie River. We just go 4 miles to the highest point before the fork right down to Pratt Lake and left to Island Lake. The trail is all inside the woods, and has only one opening of less than 10 yards, where, we can see Olallie Lake and Mt. Rainier to the south, but, while eating lunch there, we were harassed by several big birds with big heads. While trying to find the boot trail down to Olallie Lake, we can't find it. It's unclear and rarely used.

This is a longer hike then suggested by this app. My fit bit was dead so I am not sure how much over but by pace I would say it's closer to 12.5. Like most Alpine hikes the hardest part is the hike out of the basin. Pratt is a nice lake but not awe inspiring I don't think I would do it again as a day hike but with other lakes nearby it would make a decent backpacking trip

Passed through this lake. And it's a great spot. I understand why this place is a popular destination to get to. Clear water, breezy, space for camping and daypacking, a good spot to rest between junctions. On sunny clear days it's definitely one that everyone should try to visit.

Great overnight! Worth the swim out to the log in the middle of the lake.

Pretty challenging hike. Loved the lake itself. Headed down another half mile to a lake as well and it was phenomenal!

Great hike, couple of icy/snow spots to be watchful, I did not have poles but navigating around and on them was easy, outside of those spots it is a beautiful hike.

Quiet day on the trail. Some snow but all easily passable. Rewarded with a beautiful lake at the end.