Poo Poo Point, West Tiger and TMT Loop

Poo Poo Point, West Tiger and TMT Loop is a 9.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Issaquah, Washington that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for walking, trail running, and nature trips. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Chirico trail up to Poo Poo Pt is always heavily populated, but once you get past that and onto TMT you'll enjoy the solitude of the forest.

The trail was well marked and consistent steady climb. The first 2 Miles has heavy traffic. Unfortunately, it’s packed with iPhone, music listening, distracted persons. But above the 2 mile mark (take off point for gliders) it becomes much more tranquil and less traveled. Plenty of dogs and certain area have edible berries as foliage.

Parking is limited but later than most trail parking. Porto potties at the trail Head and at the glider take off point.

6 hours to complete Chirico, One View, TMT, West Tiger RG, and back to Chirico via PPP trail.

Note-- One View is very overgrown, looks like it may not have been maintained in quite some time. We never had an issue of losing the trail since the vegetation is quite thick, but just be sure to wear long sleeves to avoid getting stuck by the overgrowth.

Also, as can be said for most of the area, this is cougar country. I do not recommend going beyond Chirico and PPP trail alone and/or without preparing yourself. About 3/4th of the way going north on One View, we paused for a few minutes to grab a snack and refuel. After about a minute of fiddling with our sacks, we heard the unmistakable scream of a cougar. You bet your bottom we threw all our food back in our sacks and moved away from the area with our bear sprays in hand. Be vigilant and bring protection if you want to hike on the more remote trails on Tiger Mt.

I see you doing your hikes.Lol this is a pretty nice one.

Its a challenging hike but beautiful trails and view at the top. Definitely worth it.

Saturday, April 16, 2016

4/15/2016 (Friday) -- Solo 8:15am - 1:45pm, cloudy, foggy on upper hills, 50-45-50F. It's hard to find the trail for writing a note of this trip though it takes Chirico and Poo Poo Point to start and return, it's main part is the loop above PPP, sequentially "One View - TMT - Seattle View - West Tiger RR Grade". While moving up to PPP at 9:30am, it was the quietest trek in my six visits. I encountered 7-8 groups of early birds coming down, but no one surpassed me. This time, PPP is not my destination but just a midway station. The loop above PPP was rarely used, so I encountered nobody, just a 4-member team of volunteers maintaining TMT. Though weather forecast showed that temperature at noon might rise to nearly 60F with sun breaks, I found it remained at 45-46F and densely foggy on the upper parts of the hills. I moved so close to the summits, but since I had visited them recently and there was no view in this cloudy day, I decided not to visit them again, but I did find a small loop that I can try in the future for WT1, which provides an awesome view in a fine day. I like the solitude of TMT and WTRR. WTRR is more interesting than expected as it features 4-5 running creeks and well-built footbridges and mixes a smooth "broadway" with sections of steep ups and downs. Seattle View is a very steep, unmarked trail provides no view but a shortcut between TMT and WTRR. Both One View and Seattle View are not marked on the AllTrails map. In the middle of One View, there is a plaque reading "15 Mile Gap". It took me about 3 hours to complete the loop, so I had lunch at PPP at 12:30. There were many people, including kids in spring break, and more people kept coming up on my way down to the parking, where temperature remained 50F (it will rise to above 80F in next two days!)