Poo Poo Point Trail

Poo Poo Point Trail is a 7.6 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Issaquah, Washington that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

2080 feet

old growth

Poo Poo Point Trail is a great hike to Poo Poo Point on the shoulder of West Tiger Mountain within Tiger Mountain State Forest. The trail can be accessed from the Issaquah Alps trailhead where there is free parking. There is also parking at Issaquah High School. The trail starts off with a gentle incline but gets increasingly steeper the farther you go. The trail follows Many Creeks Valley and crosses several creeks. There is a nice bridge that crosses Gap Creek which makes for a good place to explore and take a break. The entire trail is under tree cover so you will never be directly in the sun. At the top, there are great views, especially at sunset, two picnic tables, and there is a Clivus toilet. The point is a popular area for paragliding and hang gliding and paragliders and hang gliders use it as a launch point and landing area. You may see a paraglider landing on the point if you are lucky!

Great hike with a nice view at the end. The trail was a bit crowded on a Sunday, but overall wasn't a problem. Perfect cardio going up.

Good exercise. If you have any knee complications I would recommend poles as some areas are a bit steep. Take a lunch and enjoyed the view from the top. The paragliders are amazing!

Great hike on a great day. Really cool seeing the paragliders take off from the top. Trail was not too crowded at all for such a nice day. We parked at the high school and the distance was closer to 8 miles round trip as opposed to 6.7.

What a workout! Great trail for conditioning. It is not 6.7 miles but actually 8.2. The trailhead is kind of hard to spot. The high school parking lot was pretty full being a weekday so I had to drive by a few times before I caught a spot off the road. I was pretty lucky. Only ran into a handful of people on the trail. The view is amazing at the top. Took me 3 hours total and that was with running back down a majority of the way. Will be doing again to check out some of the other trails that were at the top.

Fun trail and lots of people. Great view of Bellevue from the top.

Great hike for training. earlier the better... but overall Ill be back soon parking lot is small..

Went last week. Good exercise, nice view at Poo Poo Point. I do HITT workouts 4-5 a week and found this hike to be challenging. I don’t hike much (just a few times a year). Great workout for legs and cardio. Also Coming down the trail my feet hurt, I should have cut my toe nails-rookie mistake I guess. My feet were throbbing from the jabbing pain. I can not stress enough cut your toenails..seriously. During workouts I don’t feel any discomfort so I would not have expected any pain...

The hike up is nothing special but the view from the top with all the paragliders taking off is amazing. Absolutely worth the effort to see. Met some guys that work for the paragliding company so the next time I'm back I'll be with them taking the more scenic way back down the mountain.

4/23/18- a beautiful sunny day. The mountain was out so there were great views. There are 2 different major view points. About 2.5 miles up, there is a great view of Mount Rainer. Another mile and there is the top viewpoint where the paraglyders take off. It was a great late morning hike. On a Monday morning, we arrived around 930am and we got the last parking spot. The parking is limited and the port a potties are not maintained well-a mess and no toilet paper. It's a very dog friendly trail. Our dog had a blast. There were quite a few people with dogs, which was great. Not great if you don't like dogs. Overall, a great hike and more uphill than I anticipated.

Try not to run down the hill. It can be disastrous.

Good, steady, upward trail! Great view at the top and we saw a paraglider attempting to take off.

Great workout! Ascending can be tough but the reward is outstanding! descending was easier but steep.

nice short hike

Beautiful well maintained trail.. Took it from Issaquah High school.. Totally worth every sweat drop going up..

Long steady climb. Sunday was very rainy and muddy. We loved it but almost no view. The descent was very easy on the knees, which made me happy.

Went here on 3/31/17. Was slightly cloudy and sunny 60°F. Starts out fairly simple, then gets super steep. Makes you sweat, pack lunch for the top and a good view of paragliders. Caution for people running down or up. Was very enjoyable. Parking is scarce, parked at the church.

It's a nice trail but suffering from erosion. Bring hiking poles, they will be very helpful, and the view from the top is very worth the hike up.

Great hike!!!!

Oui first time with the kids, we make it to the top great hike for whoever wants try it.

Reward yourself with a great view at the top of the trail!

Amazing

breath taking views

We hiked in early March. Still snow packed in some areas but views are beautiful at the top! Was confused by all of the turf laid out at the top until we realized it was for paragliders!

Aptly challenging trail with views worth the sweat at the top.

Loved this route.

Amazing view at the top!

Soooooo out of shape

This was definitely a moderate hike, but only on the way up and you’re treated with a beautiful view at the end. It was a pretty busy Saturday at lunchtime, but regardless of the narrow trail at times, people and animals were patient and respectful. Going down can be a little steep so I recommend hiking shoes with good traction. Dogs also really enjoyed the hike and made a few friends along the way.

Great hike, beautiful weather, beautiful views!!!

A quick straight up hike but totally manageable!