Poo Poo Point Trail

Poo Poo Point Trail is a 6.8 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Issaquah, Washington that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

old growth

Poo Poo Point Trail is a great hike to Poo Poo Point on the shoulder of West Tiger Mountain within Tiger Mountain State Forest. The trail can be accessed from the Issaquah Alps trailhead where there is free parking. There is also parking at Issaquah High School. The trail starts off with a gentle incline but gets increasingly steeper the farther you go. The trail follows Many Creeks Valley and crosses several creeks. There is a nice bridge that crosses Gap Creek which makes for a good place to explore and take a break. The entire trail is under tree cover so you will never be directly in the sun. At the top, there are great views, especially at sunset, two picnic tables, and there is a Clivus toilet. The point is a popular area for paragliding and hang gliding and paragliders and hang gliders use it as a launch point and landing area. You may see a paraglider landing on the point if you are lucky!

This hike is tougher than others make it sound. I would do this again, earlier or later. I went at 7 AM and it was still crowded. Gushing with people when we came back and tons of people who didn't pick up their dog poop! The trail even provides bags at the bottom. It was cloudy so I didn't get to experience much on top. Perfect for those who are in the city to get away, but I wouldn't drive more than 1 hour to do this hike. The bonus is that you MAY get to see paragliders.

Tougher than we thought it would be. Constant elevation gain. Nice trail though and it was fun to watch the paragliders taking off at the top.

Great well-maintained trail, fantastic views from the top.

extremely hard trail. very slick at points. not recommended for beginners. You can do it, but start early.

Nice & easy.

Not easy to find the starting point. We went up to poo poo point from high school (3.8 miles) and returned via chirico trial (1.7 miles). Nice views of the area and mount Rainier. Also it was nice to see someone paragliding from poo poo point.

Great trail, seeing gliders glide was a good view

Great hiking trails...

The hike itself wasn’t bad, nice incline and a great little work out. However, the view at the top wasn’t that great. Don’t get me wrong, it was still beautiful but not like some of the other views I have seen. Not bad at all, glad to say I did it but wouldn’t do it again.

great trail but more difficult for out of towners to find the start of the trail

Great view and a good place to paraglide. Had my first spontaneous paraglide there. Downhill is a bit slippery, will need professional hiking shoes to ensure the grip.

Don't go too late. Very difficult to navigate down hill in the dark. Whoops lol.

Uphill almost the entire way, but the view at the top is amazing!

Great hike trained there with 40# backpack for trip to the Grand. Canyon. Parking is real bad due to location and hang gliders use the top. Be prepared for crowds.

OK for a quick couple miles, but really crowded on the weekend

Great hike, very close to town. Most of the hike is in shade under trees which is great. Gorgeous views when you get to the top.

Up from Chirico trailhead and down via high school trailhead, very good exercise going up, good view and a lot of paraglider at the top

Best local hike. Great view payoff... and paragliders in good weather.

Great exercise, bring lots of water! Nice view at the top.

Very nice hike almost all uphill though make sure to bring plenty of water the view is worth the hike super friendly people on the trail

I liked the view yes, but I didn’t like the long walk going up that steep ledges and stuff

Great hike with a nice view at the end. The trail was a bit crowded on a Sunday, but overall wasn't a problem. Perfect cardio going up.

Good exercise. If you have any knee complications I would recommend poles as some areas are a bit steep. Take a lunch and enjoyed the view from the top. The paragliders are amazing!

Great hike on a great day. Really cool seeing the paragliders take off from the top. Trail was not too crowded at all for such a nice day. We parked at the high school and the distance was closer to 8 miles round trip as opposed to 6.7.

What a workout! Great trail for conditioning. It is not 6.7 miles but actually 8.2. The trailhead is kind of hard to spot. The high school parking lot was pretty full being a weekday so I had to drive by a few times before I caught a spot off the road. I was pretty lucky. Only ran into a handful of people on the trail. The view is amazing at the top. Took me 3 hours total and that was with running back down a majority of the way. Will be doing again to check out some of the other trails that were at the top.

Fun trail and lots of people. Great view of Bellevue from the top.

Great hike for training. earlier the better... but overall Ill be back soon parking lot is small..

Went last week. Good exercise, nice view at Poo Poo Point. I do HITT workouts 4-5 a week and found this hike to be challenging. I don’t hike much (just a few times a year). Great workout for legs and cardio. Also Coming down the trail my feet hurt, I should have cut my toe nails-rookie mistake I guess. My feet were throbbing from the jabbing pain. I can not stress enough cut your toenails..seriously. During workouts I don’t feel any discomfort so I would not have expected any pain...

The hike up is nothing special but the view from the top with all the paragliders taking off is amazing. Absolutely worth the effort to see. Met some guys that work for the paragliding company so the next time I'm back I'll be with them taking the more scenic way back down the mountain.

4/23/18- a beautiful sunny day. The mountain was out so there were great views. There are 2 different major view points. About 2.5 miles up, there is a great view of Mount Rainer. Another mile and there is the top viewpoint where the paraglyders take off. It was a great late morning hike. On a Monday morning, we arrived around 930am and we got the last parking spot. The parking is limited and the port a potties are not maintained well-a mess and no toilet paper. It's a very dog friendly trail. Our dog had a blast. There were quite a few people with dogs, which was great. Not great if you don't like dogs. Overall, a great hike and more uphill than I anticipated.