Point Defiance Park Outer Loop

Point Defiance Park Outer Loop is a 5.1 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Tacoma, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

cave

Good dog friendly trail. Started by the waterfront.

Yaaaay!!

Great walk with 2 boys...loved the playground, too.

Beautiful trail if you can ignore the gang signs painted on trees and people we saw carving stuff into trees.

Very easy trail, pretty flat most of the time. Quite beautiful!

Nice walk. I was a little disappointed that it was so close to the road in areas. It is beautiful though.

Always love this park.

Did the blue square outer loop with my 10 yr old daughter. Easy hike with nice views on the point near the gig harbor and vashon pullouts.

I've been here about 10 times. I recommend coming early as possible to really expirience the beauty of this place. Get lost in the trails and leave your phone in the car. Its so nice to be there when its early because you hardly ever hear cars going through and if you stop and listen its very peaceful just listening to the environment. When its busy there can be some aggressive racoons and bees. During the summer the mosquitos don't Fuck around either. My number one complaint about this place is the ammount of litter people decided to throw down in places they can't be retrieved. Besides that Point Defiance is amazing. 5 stars.

Super Trail system here! We did the outer loop/square trail. We got a little off track a couple times, but it didn't take us long to get back. There are trail maps everywhere and the trails are well marked. If you're parking at Owen Beach, take a left and drive up the parking lot a bit or you'll have a solid road/hill to start your hike!

My dog Rosie and I ran this trail then walked it another day with my husband. Nice trails, beautiful scenery at several overlooks. There were a lot of people and (leashed) dogs using the trail--several deer as well. Rosie took a dip at Owen beach to cool off when we were done (on leash of course). Beautiful park.

Side trail close to big tree goes down to beach, beautiful spot!

Awesome hike, even with younger kiddos it's easy to accomplish. Stunning ocean views, as well as some nice secluded woods. One of our favorite place to 'get away' in the middle of the city!

Great hike with the kids. Bathrooms half way through and great views. Wide trail.Could use a good jogging stroller on trail for smaller ones. Trails are well marked.

Always a nice relaxing walk.

A great childhood favorite, with beautiful views

This was our first time to the trail and had a fairly hard time finding our way around. Probably would have been easier if the trails weren't so muddy haha! 3 out of 5 stars, will be returning once the weather gets warmer for a second try.

nice hike with a dog.

Lots of raccoons and ducks, fun to see the woods, beach, and parks all in one trip. Great place to go with the kids. Beautiful garden in the spring and summer.

A little muddy, but awesome trails!