Point Defiance Park Outer Loop

Point Defiance Park Outer Loop is a 5.1 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Tacoma, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

cave

Always love this park.

scenic driving

Did the blue square outer loop with my 10 yr old daughter. Easy hike with nice views on the point near the gig harbor and vashon pullouts.

I've been here about 10 times. I recommend coming early as possible to really expirience the beauty of this place. Get lost in the trails and leave your phone in the car. Its so nice to be there when its early because you hardly ever hear cars going through and if you stop and listen its very peaceful just listening to the environment. When its busy there can be some aggressive racoons and bees. During the summer the mosquitos don't Fuck around either. My number one complaint about this place is the ammount of litter people decided to throw down in places they can't be retrieved. Besides that Point Defiance is amazing. 5 stars.

Super Trail system here! We did the outer loop/square trail. We got a little off track a couple times, but it didn't take us long to get back. There are trail maps everywhere and the trails are well marked. If you're parking at Owen Beach, take a left and drive up the parking lot a bit or you'll have a solid road/hill to start your hike!

My dog Rosie and I ran this trail then walked it another day with my husband. Nice trails, beautiful scenery at several overlooks. There were a lot of people and (leashed) dogs using the trail--several deer as well. Rosie took a dip at Owen beach to cool off when we were done (on leash of course). Beautiful park.