Pinnacle Peak Saddle Trail

Pinnacle Peak Saddle Trail is a 2.5 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Paradise Inn, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from May until October.

Directions from Longmire or Paradise: Drive east on the Stevens Canyon Road to the parking area at Reflection Lakes. The trailhead is on the south side of the road.

1 hour ago

A steeper trail than I had thought, but maybe it was only because I had just finished the Skyline Loop Trail on Rainier earlier that day. Rainier was completely covered by fog that day, so I lingered around the area as long as I could hoping to catch a glimpse of the mountain. This is why I hiked Pinnacle Saddle since it offers views of Rainier. But none came. It was just a foggy day that covered everything. The hike was steep, rocky, and it left the treeline fairly quickly. The top of the trail had beautiful views of Pinnacle Peak but the surrounding mountains were not to be seen. On a clearer day, I'd highly recommend this hike for great views, but do it before hiking Skyline! I was tired before I even began this hike.

The day and time I went though was a bit dangerous. It was really icey and i slid couple of times. A rock tumbled from a cliff out of nowhere and it barely missed me. Besides all that craziness, I saw a pika and a blacktail deer while I was on this trail. The hike is worth for its scenic views!

Amazing views of Rainer and the valley along the whole hike! I couldn't help thinking that as I hiked higher "Oh man this view is better than the last!" Was not packed with people (like all of the Paradise trails) and ends with a stunning view of Mt. Adams off in the distance. The hike to the viewpoint has a fair amount of uphill, but nothing too strenuous, and then the way back down is a breeze. For me, it was the perfect amount of incline and distance, and was especially worth it for the views along this hike, so go all the way to the top. Highly reccomend!

Beautiful view

Keep going to Plummer mountain- you won't regret it.

you get the best views in a 2-mile hike!

Great way to see Mt Rainier and Mt Adams at the same time standing in the saddle

Hiked it on 7/26/17. There was basically no snow. A few itty bitty spots but no concern at all. The bugs were pesky the whole day. Awesome view, awesome trail.