Learn more

Pinnacle Peak Park via Cal Magnusson Trail

hardYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray Star(424)
Pinnacle Peak Park

Pinnacle Peak Park via Cal Magnusson Trail is a 3.2 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Enumclaw, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, running, nature trips, and bird watching and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.2 miles Elevation Gain: 1,469 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Moderate to difficult short, but steep loop with 1000+ft elevation gain within the first mile by the midway point. Please note, the trail has little to no markings and may be muddy.

This is a great training hike but that is where the positivity ends. There is no view.

Great quick workout. We saw a lot of people using sticks on this trail which seemed like a great idea. We carried backpacks but since it ‘s such a short & steep hike I reccomend carrying the least amount of things possible. Very rewarding, I just wish the top of the peak had a better view. However, on the other side & entrance, I ‘ve hiked had a better open view of the beautiful green peaks and trees. We got from our car to the peak and back with a few pauses in a little over an hour.

Great little hike kinda steep but well worth it. Sign at trailhead says Closed due to Covid19 but trail is in good shape.

Great workout. Short and steep, but well worth the climb. Only took an hour to get up, 40 mins to get down. No view at the top, but there are nice benches. Good hike to go on if you’re limited on time. I recommend.

Good short and steep exercise hike. pretty boring though, no view

Low traffic. Pretty steep up either side (or both sides like I did it). Bring snacks.

Fun little mini Cougar Mtn ish area.

hoping they make a look out so we can get a great view up top.

That is the video I was inspired to make on this hike. I posted it to my YouTube Channel. My girlfriend came on the hike with me. She is a large woman and I am not in as good of shape as I would like to be. I picked this hike for its challenge knowing it is this sort of challenge that will get us in shape. It took my girlfriend 3 1/2 hours to complete the round trip hike but I am so proud of her for having made it all the way to the top and completing the whole hike. Here is a link to the video for anyone who wants to watch: https://youtu.be/CmNz_9nGNZQ

Nice saunter straight up the mountain. It’s about a 1000. Perfect distance from civilization. Just be warned: if you’re not sure footed, you will fall! It can get pretty slippery… Even in the summer with the dry dust. Not much of a lookout, but hopefully someday they will rebuild the old firewatch lookout tower.

Great little workout. Really would recommend poles though, we didn’t have any and wished we had some for the way down. Not horribly muddy but there are definitely sections that were.

Had planned to ski at Crystal Mountain, but since it was crazy crowded we found this hiking spot instead. Muddy trail, but great incline, beautiful foliage, and cool foggy weather made for a great little workout and good conversation with new friends.

Just hiked yesterday and the trail is opened.

It’s a great hike to just get in a quick workout before going to school. I hike it weekly and found a wash out a couple weeks ago. Went back last week and found that side is now closed. The other side is still open though. Just get on 410 and take a right shortly after passing Wallys in Buckley instead of taking the turn out past Safeway.

I went this afternoon to find signs posted that this trail is closed due to a washout. I love this trail and do it often, so hopefully it will open back up.

I love this trail and hike it every week. I was so sad to see that the part of the trail next to the “waterfall” had washed away from heavy rain this week. Currently, you are still able to walk on trail that is washed out, but I fear without man made supports, it won’t be long before you can’t get through that part safely. Like I said though, I hike this Mtn every week and love it. I love that it is a good workout and can be done in less than an hour.

One of my favorite places. Great workout, friendly trail. Steep but doable! I take my kids 2-3 times a week and never gets old. Many side trails and a rock “staircase” to keep it challenging and interesting!

Good trail for a quick work out. There isn't a peak view at the top so don't expect that and you'll be

Great go-to for a quick up and over. Fresh air and lots of fun. Wish people would be more respectful and keep their dogs leashed, don’t enjoy be repeatedly jumped on and almost tackled because you think your dog is “friendly” and is ok to be off leash.

GREAT cardio workout. You will be pushing yourself (unless use to climbing straight up hill) for a good 40 mins almost straight up hill to the top. Which for me is fun going up....but I have joint issues so coming back down such a steep incline was very challenging. One other thing.....NO SIGNAGE except one tiny sign that says "Hikers Only" so when you get to the fork in the road.....go LEFT to get to the top. If you go RIGHT at the fork you will go to the parking lot area that is 5 MILES away from where you parked your car if you parked at the trail head that says "Cal Magnusson," so please remember that because you will not want to get turned around. Other than that, it was worth the workout! Happy Hiking~!

Definitely a GREAT workout!