Pinnacle Peak Loop Trail

Pinnacle Peak Loop Trail is a 2.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Enumclaw, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Lovely way to spend a Saturday morning.

This was a great trail. My kids really loved it too. There is a nice spot at the very top to sit and you can find some good views of the surrounding mountains.

Great hike. I went up the goat trail which is steep. Will be hiking this again soon.

Fun short trail. Decently steep! Not much for a view at the top during the regular day hours

In looking at all the otber reviews it seems like I wasnt on the same trail as them. Very steep. More steep than Rattlesnack Ridge.. Lots of rocks and roots to step over. No views....except for two spots.... flat open plain on south end with a metal picnic table in the middle of no where which allowed you to partially see Mt Rainer. There is also a cut off that does have a spectacular view of Mt Rainier on the southeast end.
Tbe peak had two wooden benches no view but was a nice place ro eat.
South loop had an easy smooth gravel walk but if you stay on will curve to the left and comes to a straight up climb until rejoining the peak trail again.
Another hiker said she spotted a cougar.
Active trail with other hikers present but not packed.
No bathroom. Pot a potty.

I was a bit disappointed in the views but it was a great workout. The trail is well maintained and there are plenty of other hikers.

Great for conditioning hike on both side of this park. Nothing much to look at but a good work out.

We took the dogs and had a great hike!!

Sunday, February 26, 2017

There isn't much of a view at the top, but it was a good hike and good exercise.

Monday, August 29, 2016

We did the north side trail, great trail, it is steep in places with switchbacks, stairs, lots of rocks and tree roots along the trail. We took the two year old and he made it about 90% of the way up on his own before tiring out on us!

Thursday, August 18, 2016

Did the north side trail. Steep, switch backs, tree roots, steps. It is not for beginners. Nothing at the top but a mile marker and some benches. No real view of anything.

Monday, August 01, 2016

It is a steep hike but doable. It is a wide rocky road. I haven't quite made it to the top but it's my goal for this summer. I would rate this moderate not easy. Easy for mountain climbers maybe.

Monday, August 01, 2016

Love this trail. I take my dog and sometimes my 5 year old son at least once a week. Very shaded in the trees for these hot summer days we're having.

Sunday, July 24, 2016

pretty easy

Saturday, July 02, 2016

Steep. But our 5 and 7 year old girls made it!

Monday, June 06, 2016

Great, have only done the front side, but there is a back side which is easier

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Good trail, well maintained. For a good exercise, hike it from the Enumclaw side.

Sunday, May 29, 2016

The directions sent me Cal Magnusson trail. Better directions definitely needed to find this one.

Thursday, April 07, 2016

south end "trail" is a gravel road with open an view, which then leads to the peak from a dirt trail. north side of the mountain is the all-dirt switchback trail (Cal Magnusson trail), which goes straight to the peak with not many views. overall great mountain for cardio!

Wednesday, August 05, 2015

The directions were not correct on how to get to this side of the mountain that had the so called view. We went up this side and it's all step up hill with gravel. Do not chose a hot day to do this or else you will be dying. Not very long though--the view from halfway was pretty, but once you got into the woods there were many different trails you could take. We took 2 different ones which lead us no where and was steep and not fun. I would come back here just to go up and down the steep hills, good cardio.

Monday, July 28, 2014

Pretty much a gravel road the whole way til it intersects the north side trail. With the elevation gradually increasing instead of stepping over roots and such, it would be better for your knees (if you already have problems) to this south side then the north side. Its still a good workout either way so have fun.

recorded Pinnacle Peak Loop Trail