Pinnacle Lake Trail

Pinnacle Lake Trail is a 4.3 mile out and back trail located near Granite Falls, Washington that features a lake. The trail is rated as moderate and is primarily used for hiking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 4.3 miles Elevation Gain: 1,312 feet Route Type: Out & Back

flooded

The trail is visible and even though is muddy in most areas and flooded when you get to the lake it’s still worth it. I really enjoy this hike cause it’s short and has a very nice view. The lake is starting to freeze but still you can get to it and enjoy the view.

Brought teens, a dog & 4 adults and it was great. A few fallen trees but the trails app helped immensely and kept us on the trail.

icy

tons of tree root climbing and big logs to climb over. not my favorite hike, but the lake was pretty. the road in is full of potholes

Make sure you have your all trails app. We kept going off course, especially because so many spots were so washed out!

Awesome trail. Will do this over and over.

the six mile pot- hole filled road is worth the effort, this is a good hike. there is a couple larger mud pits to get through on the trail.

Very deep pothole going up this road. We ended up turning around because we got nervous. Stars do not reflect my rating, I did not do the hike.

This trail was super muddy in many places, and it was that swamp mud. Those of you who only hike in the sandal, you have been warned: my boots sank almost to my ankle in places, and I was doing my best to go around the mud. This trail is only called a trail by the loosest if definitions. It is more fitting to call this a dryish river bed that you follow to a lake. My dog and I did fine up to Pinnacle, unfortunately couldn't make it to the peak because after the lake scramble I couldn't get line of sight on the trail and didn't want to continue if it was going to be like that the whole way (with the dog). Stopped at Bear Lake on the way back because it was right there and it was much more inviting than Pinnacle, but no streams or anything on that side. Make sure you bring something worthy of off-road, the road is thick with massive pot holes and very rocky. It's like being in a off-road vehicle test video. Honestly after the Bear Lake split in the trail, the road and trail are equally challenging! I will probably come back to this one when it's hopefully drier and I don't have the pup with me.