Learn more

Pinnacle Lake Trail is a 4.3 mile out and back trail located near Granite Falls, Washington that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Length 4.3 mi Elevation gain 1,312 ft Route type Out & Back

Dogs on leash

Hiking

Lake

Snow

Description
Waypoints (0)

As of May 2020, road to the trailhead is blocked with snow. Please check weather and trail conditions before visiting.

Weather
UV Index
Daylight
Reviews (126)
Photos (96)
Recordings (93)
Completed (312)
Chris Ramsey
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJuly 31, 2020
Hiking

nice trail. clear and visible to see nice lake at the end

View Chris's Recording
Elly West

The hike is fantastic but the road is less than ideal. You could probably make it in a sedan - if you're okay with throttling the depreciation. Vehicles with decent clearance should be fine.

Matt Rossall
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJuly 27, 2020
HikingBugsMuddyOff trailScramble

Did this hike the other day and loved it! Bring bug spray and make sure your in a good vehicle as the road was pretty bad tbh. Ended up scrambling our way up iodine gulch to the bathtub lakes which were straight up beautiful, i even caught a little trout in one of them and saw much bigger ones lurking in those little hidden gems :).... would be rad if that road got fixed up a bit one day!

Kayla Perkins
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarJuly 27, 2020
Rocky

The hike itself was pretty good but the road to just get there was terrible! If you have a low riding car or anything without 4 wheel drive, think twice as it's really bad.

Jennifer Milan
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarJuly 16, 2020
HikingBlowdownMuddyRocky

Talk about a trail that could use some maintenance. The road getting there is terrible as always and there was enough mud that my boots got left outside when I got home. Lol. I’d take poles next time just because it’s so muddy and quite slippery in some areas.

View Jennifer's Recording
Tim Osmulski
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarJuly 12, 2020
HikingMuddyWashed out

Trail was very muddy! Saw a couple people hiking up as I was on my way down..We chatted for a minute and acknowledged neither of us wearing masks, then we high fived and yelled "freedom" as we passed because it's the outdoors deep in the cascade mountains where masks are pointless

View Tim's Recording
Cynthia O
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarJuly 11, 2020
HikingBugsFloodedIcyMuddyOver grownRockyScrambleSnow

I spent 11 hours on the trail with practically no break all day. I went up to Herman's Peak. The road is as described by others, and although I was able to get my Prius up the road, it scraped going down and it was scratched by trees even though they have done quite a bit of clearing on the road . The trail is extremely muddy, rooty, and a boulder run once at Pinnacle Lake (It's a pretty lake) and again at the top for the last 1/2 mile. My phone died coming down, but I was able to retrace my snow tracks. After the lake, I guessed and had to retrace steps a couple of times. I was exactly 4 miles at the top, but I actually went past the peak, unbeknownst to me until I looked at the map. I'd suggest microspikes for the snow to make it easier and some yak tracks for the mud because it is very slick. Spikes would work as well. If anyone finds a pair of Black Diamond poles up there on Herman's Peak, they are mine. Message me if possible by email at afenergy@yahoo.com. I retraced my steps where I thought I left them but needed to get moving back down the trail so I could drive the road with daylight.

View Cynthia's Recording
L Rinke
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarJuly 6, 2020
HikingBugsMuddySnowWashed out

Road up was rough but manageable in my Jeep - took about 45 minutes from the main road. Trail was insanely muddy and washed out in several parts. No one was wearing masks and lots of fresh dog poo bags all over. Snow in some spots but totally passable, lots of exposed roots. Spotted 3 bear tracks in the mud. Overall the hike was mediocre as I was expecting more epic views at the lake. Gradually and mellow incline for all hiking levels.

Madison Mae
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJuly 3, 2020
HikingBridge outBugsFloodedIcyMuddyOff trailOver grownRockySnowWashed out

This was a nice hike! The road is rough but doable in a high clearance vehicle. Lots of potholes. This hike is also EXTREMELY muddy and rough. Lots of big obstacles to climb over, but it wasn’t too hard. Once you get right next to the lake it is ridiculously easy to get lost. Stick to the left and walk down the boulder creek and you will arrive at the lake. There is also snow at the top so be careful... I slipped lol!

View Madison's Recording