Pinnacle Lake Trail

Pinnacle Lake Trail is a 4.3 mile out and back trail located near Granite Falls, Washington that features a lake. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking.

The Trail head is a few miles uphill from the main road. It's a gravel road to the trail head full of giant pot holes. I drive a Corolla and was able to go slow a maneuver through them only scraping the bottom once. I made it about a mile up and couldn't pass washed out area without risking getting stuck. i saw a Subaru Outback back it across and several trucks. We ended up parking the car on the side of the path and walking up. It's not a short walk. over 3.5 miles and it was starting to get dark by the time we reached the trail head so we turned around. The 7 mile hike up the road was beautiful though. Encountered a water fall, streams, mountain views, and snow! another warning is teh parking lot is really small and there aren't any restroom facilities.

Nice easy hike. This morning it was raining and so there were lots of large pools and puddles on the trail. My foot sank down a good 6 inches into the mud. No bugs and by the time we got to the lake there was fog so we didn't continue on to bathtub lakes.

Prepare yourself for mud, also bring your bug spray! There were too many bugs to actually enjoy the time spent at the lake. Wasn't too many other hikers on the trail though.

I'd call this lake disappointment. The trail up was good. the lake was terrible. I have never ever seen so many bugs. there flying in my ears. eyes, and nose. and then they followed us most of the way down. we practically ran down. and the road up to the hike was so long and so bumpy and narrow. I'll never do this hike again.

This is a nice hike that is not too easy but short enough to keep it from being hard. It was misty and very muddy. I can see this is probably muddy most days. It is a small lake but has nice features. I could see some off trial options here if one was adventurous. . But lots of ridges to get misdirected on. Ill hide this one again.

Friday, June 17, 2016

I went about a year ago. it was a difficult hike then. we actually went to the far side of the lake and camped. it was perfect. fresh water running down the mt to filter, blueberries everywhere but they grew like clover. very short on the grd. tasty if I may say. definitely a good spot to fish as well. a small rainbow trout was delicious cooked in a banana peel. late in the year when it's hot without the worry of snow being up top, this hike is one of my favorites. better for an overnight or 2 is highly recommended.

Thursday, June 09, 2016

Monday, May 30, 2016

This trail was very muddy and lots of small obstacles that made it more of a moderate hike. Quit a bit of snow on top still. The road up is not for small cars. It's really in need of some care.

Friday, May 27, 2016

Sunday, May 08, 2016

Beautiful lake. The hike was a little more difficult than we expected and there was a lot of snow towards the end that we were not prepared for but I'd do it all over again. The lake was amazing, well worth the trip.

Sunday, April 17, 2016

Monday, October 12, 2015

Wednesday, September 09, 2015

Maybe we took the wrong trail, but I doubt it. This hike was NOT easy. Climbing over rocks and massive tree roots in Themis and then scrambling over the rocks at the end. The lake is a pretty payoff. I'll be sure to do this one again when it's warmer and drier out.

Sunday, June 28, 2015

Very easy short hike, good view of the lake though.

Friday, August 22, 2014

Monday, August 11, 2014

Sunday 8-10-2014: My wife and I hiked to Pinnacle Lake. The weather was sunny and 85 degrees. A perfect day for a hiking. We arrived at the trailhead at 10:30 am and there were 3 other cars. We hiked to Bear Lake first and were not impressed. Then we hiked to Pinnacle Lake. The bridge over Bear Creek was out of commission. But it was easy to cross Bear Creek using the log there. Then the trail became steep, rocky and rooty. After switchbacks the trail became much easier. It took us almost two hours to get to Pinnacle Lake. The lake was beautiful. There were several other people around the lake. We had lunch in the shade and started down at 1:10 pm. It took us 1 hour 40 minutes to get down.

Saturday, October 06, 2012